MONDO - THE THING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard not to love John Carpenter for actually going with that hat.

Here's a bit of interesting info that most of you are probably not aware of . . .

That idea of the hat came from the storyboards drawn by Mike Ploog (my fave comic-book artist of all time) . . . he of "Werewolf by Night", "Man-Thing", "Ghost Rider", "Frankenstein", "Planet of the Apes" et-al fame.

From page 237 of the hardback "The Art of Ploog" (December 2015) . . .

1727828371992.png

My admiration for EVERY SINGLE PERSON involved in the creation of this movie is so off-the-charts, it's almost embarrassing to admit (almost - but I still do it :) ).

If I'd been one of the producers, I could not have made better choices.

Everything about this film is perfect, and it will FOREVER stand the test of time as an absolute classic.

My admiration for EVERY SINGLE PERSON involved in the creation of this movie is so off-the-charts, it's almost embarrassing to admit (almost - but I still do it :) ).

If I'd been one of the producers, I could not have made better choices.

Everything about this film is perfect, and it will FOREVER stand the test of time as an absolute classic.

John Carpenter's The Thing grew legs, it took sometime but what legs they have become.

Family in the Picture House business would say whether a picture would grow legs meaning do well.

I'll be glad when I get mine. BBTS is late getting theirs and its just the basic set. I didn't realize there was a difference and only the initial release had the actual Thing. I was pretty pissed. Given the price difference was so minimal, I don't understand why they didn't just sell them as one set and leave it be. I think they lost revenue by making ones without the creatures. I easily would have bought that first one.

I bought directly from Mondo the non monsters release because I was hesitant of their first clothed figure. I bought in August this year when the timed edition was released thinking the normal edition was out too. In their web the release date for timed and normal was September but they released the timed edition first. Now they pushed the normal one to October and we are in the half of that month. Will it be pushed to November? What the hell is going on?

Back