Mondo: They Live, Nada

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think twice about ordering this from Mondo.

Several people, myself included, are receiving notice that their Macready figures cannot clear DHL customs and will be sent back to China. You may end up paying, waiting and then receiving nothing!

Last edited:
Yeah, what a terrible time for them to put another figure up. They probably won't, but I hope they realize the MacReady situation will definitely influence sales of return customers.

Mondo/ DHL can’t even deliver all their orders to the US and Canada. You might have dodged a bullet Europe!

Mondo/ DHL can’t even deliver all their orders to the US and Canada. You might have dodged a bullet Europe!
Why did Mondo switch to DHL?

They used to ship with UPS about a year or two ago.

DHL must be cheaper I’d guess. And I think all the figures are shipped direct from China to our homes now - not sure about before.

Last edited:
Even if you can't easily remove the hair to customize it into another character, I'm willing to overlook the same hairstyle to have a Alien on display with Nada. I also love the poster glasses with the reflection and the gum pack!
That said, I know I won't be able to afford the timed release (Sep. 3rd - 9th) when it goes up, but I won't miss out on owning a 1/6 John Nada!

Couldn’t you just put the Timed figure on an interest free payment plan (PayPal, Affirm, Shoppay, etc)?

I think it’s typically over 6-weeks but if you time it just right, the payments can be split over 3 different monthly billing cycles (depending on your statement cutoff date) to maximize your cash flow.

My MacReady was delivered to EU 3 weeks ago by DHL without any problems. Shipping time was few days. And no additional custom fees or tax.
It seems there are more problems for delivery to US and Canada, and the irony is that they are limiting Nada orders to only these countries. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Couldn’t you just put the Timed figure on an interest free payment plan (PayPal, Affirm, Shoppay, etc)?

I think it’s typically over 6-weeks but if you time it just right, the payments can be split over 3 different monthly billing cycles (depending on your statement cutoff date) to maximize your cash flow.
I'm on Affirm for a couple things, I also have a Sideshow payment plan that got moved up 8 months (from what I agreed with Sideshow :mad:) and a couple pre-orders. I wish I could but, I just have too much on my plate to justify another payment plan.

I would think twice about ordering this from Mondo.

Several people, myself included, are receiving notice that their Macready figures cannot clear DHL customs and will be sent back to China. You may end up paying, waiting and then receiving nothing!
If that is the case perhaps the parcels all had been undervalued to avoid import tax. The constant clearance events etc were due to them being held for assessment and Mondo maybe didn't want to foot the bill so all got sent back.... maybe. Just speculating

Nada is up for preorder, but why US and Canada only?
MacReady was not limited for these markets only.
How can we get this in Europe?
My guess is that this isn't a shipping issue but a licensing one. It's possible some other company has European and Asian rights for figures from this movie, or that it was cheaper to just purchase the US/Canadian rights where Mondo feels they will get the most sales.

So what is so special about the timed edition? The bs Marvel style “what if” head which I wouldn’t use, the various sets of shades? Looking at him I’m not blown away by the timed edition, the standard will do.

The MacReady timed edition on the other hand would have been cool but I missed out initially, the spider-head and the meatball dog thing - cool.

This one…meh.

I think the shades are great.

I wished for a second Roddy head though, with a different face....well not really...Roddy really had no other facial expression. Maybe a bloody head from a fight.

I don't really want the What IF? head either. Odd accessory.

I actually dig the alien head, even if it is kind of silly to put that on the one character who was the most anti-alien of all of them. Would make him stand out on the shelf, anyway.

But I think the move is to paint the hair yellow and do a custom of Roddy Piper's great enemy Greg "The Hammer" Valentine.

roddypiper-gregvalentine001.jpg

Was very on the fence with this after the MacReady release.

After seeing the photos on ToyArk I'm out. It looks too doll-like for me with the cartoony body proportions. He's just way too big and the tailoring makes it all look super unrealistic. It's a great sculpt, but it looks more like a WWE figure than anything by a decent 1/6th collectible manufacturer. Then I saw it's US & CA Only shipping, so that's definitely me out as I'm not willing to do extended work to try and land one for a more of a premium.

Untitled.jpg

After seeing the photos on ToyArk I'm out. It looks too doll-like for me with the cartoony body proportions. He's just way too big and the tailoring makes it all look super unrealistic. It's a great sculpt, but it looks more like a WWE figure than anything by a decent 1/6th collectible manufacturer. Then I saw it's US & CA Only shipping, so that's definitely me out as I'm not willing to do extended work to try and land one for a more of a premium.

View attachment 723849
Yeah I agree I'm out too and after seeing the results of the thing, Kurt Russell one I got a bow out on this one. Even though I tried to put it in my cart and it didn't work anyway so I'm kind of glad anyway I'm going to have to not go with this one. I even like Thundercats and I didn't even get the lionall figure. I like that Masters of the Universe figures though.

View attachment 723849

Interesting you should mention that, Mondo said they “Redid the whole body, re-engineered him, made him more buff.”

The Sr. Creative Director (Peter Santa Maria) mentioned this on the Toy Anxiety livestream today that they reworked the body after showing it a con last year.

Only shipping to USA and Canada. Must be a licensing issue. Universal vs Studio Canal (Uk and Europe)?

hated the country limitations. Purchased anyways. It's like mondo is actively trying to make it worse for themselves.

After they are done with Nada I want them to use alien sculpt and make me a "black and white" version of LA cop. Simple
How did you get around country ordering limitation?

Back