Nacelle Company - 1/12th Star Trek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike86

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like this company is trying their hand at releasing 6-7” Trek figures. Kind of interesting. Definitely an obscure lineup for wave one.

IMG_3602.jpeg

https://trekmovie.com/2024/10/19/ny...tuvix-and-more-deep-cut-star-trek-characters/

Looks like this company is trying their hand at releasing 6-7” Trek figures. Kind of interesting. Definitely an obscure lineup for wave one.

View attachment 733155
https://trekmovie.com/2024/10/19/ny...tuvix-and-more-deep-cut-star-trek-characters/

Very cool. I can see the logic. Your general Trek fans will already have the Art Asylum figs. But these are characters that have a cult flowing, but never got figures. I know if I still had mine, I'd be all over Jellico, Weyoun, Garrett and Tuvix.
They should do like Art Asylum and have a convention-exclusive "injured" Pressman to go with AA's bloody Kirk variant.
"The word is given."

Yeah they look good but that character selection is all over the place. Out of 8 figures I am only interested in Weyoun, Archer, maybe Sulu. No way am I getting a figure of that prick Jellico.

Hopefully there'll be some cool Picard variants down the line.

Last edited:
Yeah they look good but that character selection is all over the place. Out of 8 figures I am only interested in Weyoun, Archer, maybe Sulu. No way am I getting a figure of that prick Jellico.

Hopefully there'll be some cool Picard variants down the line.

Prick? Aww, poor Jellico. It's been a while since I ran across someone who still felt that way about him.

I was hoping for characters we never got from Playmates like David Marcus. I always felt his character was somewhat important in Star Trek The Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock.

I was hoping for characters we never got from Playmates like David Marcus. I always felt his character was somewhat important in Star Trek The Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock.
I mean based on the lineup he could happen. Seems like this company is aiming to go pretty deep.

They look nice, but where are the main characters? All we have is Sulu for the movie where he was basically a cameo appearance.

It’s like they’re releasing wave 13 in a line that ended recently.

I love the design for these, which seems like a better continuation of the cartoony Playmates style than what Playmates themselves came up with... but not sure how many I'd actually want to get at $30 a pop.

And how many people still even collect smaller action figures like this anyway?

I love the design for these, which seems like a better continuation of the cartoony Playmates style than what Playmates themselves came up with... but not sure how many I'd actually want to get at $30 a pop.

And how many people still even collect smaller action figures like this anyway?
I’d say more people collect 1:12 scale than 1:6 by a lot. They’re waaaay more affordable.

Yeah, us sixth scale collectors are the minority by far. Not many are spending multiple hundreds on single figures.

Figures in the $20-$30 range still seem to have a pretty wide audience if done well. Stuff like NECA offerings, DC Multiverse, and Marvel Legends remain popular.

The offerings in this wave are very obscure I agree. I think they should have thrown in one or two main characters at least.

Then again how many times have we heard about lines where we get Kirk, Spock, Picard, and Data and the line dies? Maybe throwing in characters like Scotty or Riker would have been a good idea though.

Back