Sideshow: The Lost Boys - David 1/6 scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on FB. I really love stuff from the 80s but I'm finding this one hard to justify for $300 +tax +$20 shipping. So I'd be looking at close to $350 for this at the end of the day pretty much.

The jacket looks pretty good though, I like it. However that sculpt is just real off, he has pleather pants, and it looks like the skin tone on the face paint comes no where near close to matching the neck/body. If he doesn't have double jointed elbows it makes things even worse. The bad knockoff Redman version has a better likeness to the actor which I don't think I've ever said about any figure before.

Sorry to poopoo on this figure, I was hoping it would grow on me or they'd maybe make a few changes to the sculpt. I think I'll pass one this one. Maybe at $190 but I'd still be pressed.

Sideshow
1729379361762.png

Redman
1729379585329.png

EDIT: I think a big downgrade is in the hair. The paint is just globbed on there. The hair in the proto stood out to me and showed a lot of details with smaller individual strands. The paint job on the final product hair looks as though it was painted by a 5 year old at one of those paint a ceramic birthday parties.

Proto:
1729382475683.png

Last edited:
Back