Nathan Drake by Sideshow Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow Drake has shipped!:yess: Dont know if i should be excited or worried?:horror Making room in between the IDM Customs Drake & Sully which i Love:clap

Hmmm, very nice. I think I might be able to manage a heating & squishing mod.
yeah it took all of about 5 minutes tops. I just heated with a hairdryer til it was flexible then held the cheeks in with my fingers and ran it under cold water. you can see it this pic the piece the slid in with the eyes painted on it....the white piece....has pushed the jawline out in production. The sculpt also has totally removable hair that was a seperate piece. Easier to paint for them but worse for the original sculpt and likeness.

ahurybub.jpg

a9aqa5y7.jpg

Interesting. Very helpful. It seems with the squish method & maybe a repaint, the sculpt could be salvageable.

There is something wrong with his eyes.. looks like his left eyeball will pop off from its socket lol

Nothing like an old school fix like a heat and squish! Instant improvement!
ha ha yep!
There is something wrong with his eyes.. looks like his left eyeball will pop off from its socket lol
the eyes were paintd on a underneath layer then the face was laid on top of them....so theres a little gap...kinda like pers....but they dont move
Oh wow! I think I can manage that squish method! Thanks a lot Rahmeir!!!
Thanks guys!
Squish method and a repaint for Drake for sure!:lecture

Interesting. Very helpful. It seems with the squish method & maybe a repaint, the sculpt could be salvageable.
Yeah ill have it repainted in a few weeks

The funny thing is, SS goes to the trouble of making it multiple pieces to make it easier to paint and they still do a bad job of painting.

yeah it took all of about 5 minutes tops. I just heated with a hairdryer til it was flexible then held the cheeks in with my fingers and ran it under cold water. you can see it this pic the piece the slid in with the eyes painted on it....the white piece....has pushed the jawline out in production. The sculpt also has totally removable hair that was a seperate piece. Easier to paint for them but worse for the original sculpt and likeness.

ahurybub.jpg

a9aqa5y7.jpg

Man, my sculpt made it there quickly! Love the squish mod, Jake, drake couldn't be in better hands.

Knew that would work. Had planned to try the same mod with mine. Seemed pretty obvious. Just push those chubby cheeks in a little. :lol

Glad to see it indeed works. Only question is, will it still that way over time. :/

Knew that would work. Had planned to try the same mod with mine. Seemed pretty obvious. Just push those chubby cheeks in a little. :lol

Glad to see it indeed works. Only question is, will it still that way over time. :/
Unless its gets really hot I dont see how it could but I have a solution just in case

What is it with 1/6 action adventurers and their big jaws? I did a version of this mod on HT Indy. It may not keep that shape unless you hollow out some space inside the head to allow it to keep squished. A lot of these vinyls/plastics have "memory" they slowly return to their moulded shape regardless of heat. I don't have this one maybe it will be fine, but I would dremmel out some space inside the outer jaw layer. Then add a drop of super glue, inside the gap. Looks better already though. Look forward to seeing the repaint. :clap

That body is really excellent looking, very tempted to use my points on this now. Even to use for other projects.
hmmm....

Last edited:
ha ha yep!

the eyes were paintd on a underneath layer then the face was laid on top of them....so theres a little gap...kinda like pers....but they dont move

Thanks guys!

Alright thanks for confirming that. Already ordered mine hopefully its here next week also i got the Exclusive one, is the Regular version sold out? i prefer the regular one i dont like the spider that came with the exclusive

I would bet the extra width is coming from the post mold manipulation of inserting the inside piece and not from the mold itself. Meaning the narrow jaw is actually closer to how it came from the mold and so it should keep the shape. :dunno

I would bet the extra width is coming from the post mold manipulation of inserting the inside piece and not from the mold itself. Meaning the narrow jaw is actually closer to how it came from the mold and so it should keep the shape. :dunno
I think your right Robbie. The head was assembled in about 5 different pieces it seems. the face was pressed down over a white piece that has the eyes on it. I am very tempted to remove the white piece and see if the whole face doesnt get slimmer like it was supposed to be originally. Once you guys get your you will see what I mean

Haha yeah I got my shipping notice, I should have it soon, but Austin Texas is waaaay closer to California than Ireland! Sympathies my friend! My only regret is forgetting to put in the SUMERTIME sale coupon! :slap

Nice! Another Austinite on the boards! I too am from Austin, Tx Von Koz. As for my Drake Figure? Sadly I'm doing a flex pay on mine. Anxiously waiting for mine.

YAY, more Austinites. We all getting this Tuesday, then?

Back