New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i'm worried.All of my three orders (the 2 that were cancelled and the one that was pending) are now being proccessed.Will i be charged for three docs?

Now i'm worried.All of my three orders (the 2 that were cancelled and the one that was pending) are now being proccessed.Will i be charged for three docs?

The processing should include the canceling of the two orders.

Yeah but all three are being proccessed.Will 2 get cancelled or will all get cancelled? i got vouchers for all 3 but an order received mail only for the last.

I have a physics lesson and i really have to go.Guess in one hour everything will be cleared and i'll go order 11.Thanks for the help everyone!

Wait until the dust dies down and call them, in the meantime chill out. Geez. Hate to see you in actual serious situation. :lol

Sold out at -27 ? Does that mean that 27 went through that will have to be cancelled?

No idea, but since my post someone else has said it stands at -39.

I'm sure anyone who got their order in doesn't have to worry, BC are decent guys - surely they'll just ask Tennant to sign a few more. The PO button has disappeared now from the sig version so it won't be many more.

I'm now in McDonald's by the way, buying off my daughter with a kids meal for waiting with me almost an hour while Daddy tried to order an action figure online!

Could be some in phantom carts, I know when I closed out of explorer and reopened my cart was emptied.

That makes sense.
I noticed on the PayPal receipt it says 6.35, so the payment went through about twenty minutes before it was confirmed, as I was still in the site looking at frozen screens wondering if it was going to work..

Wow, looks like a few people had the same experience as me - hitting buttons more than once and accidentally putting three in the cart!

No idea, but since my post someone else has said it stands at -39.

I'm sure anyone who got their order in doesn't have to worry, BC are decent guys - surely they'll just ask Tennant to sign a few more. The PO button has disappeared now from the sig version so it won't be many more.

I'm now in McDonald's by the way, buying off my daughter with a kids meal for waiting with me almost an hour while Daddy tried to order an action figure online!

Hahaha ... When you put it like that!
Well, I may head to McDs myself at 6 for a brekky, before heading into work.

Wow, I'm pissed off. I've been sitting in a car for 45 minutes trying to order on a borrowed laptop (with an incredibly fast connection btw, borrowed at the last minute from my computer genius friend) with my kid next to me playing her ds; and the site has crashed interminably, thrown me out, emptied my basket, and is now refusing to let me pay. I'm giving up and going home.

This is without question the worst consumer experience I have ever had in life.

BC might have pulled off the production of 11 brilliantly but this stinks.

It seems like a huge cluster **** indeed.

Big Chief posted a pretty classy apology on their FB page:

We did everything that we could to alleviate the potential issues with the pre-order. We maxed out the RAM on the server and increased the processors. We called our service provider to ensure that the site would be able to handle the traffic.

However, much like trying to buy concert tickets, or the latest iPhone, there will sadly always be people who are not fortunate to be able to purchase in time.

We apologise for those who are disappointed by not being able to pre-order and can confirm that all Signature Edition pieces will be honoured.

Please note that customers who have somehow managed to buy multiples of the Signature Edition, this is an error and should not have been possible. Due to the limited nature of the Signature Edition figure, we will only be able to honour one piece per customer. Anyone who has managed to purchase more than one, will have the deposit for the additional piece(s) refunded.

Thanks BCS

Passing on this, love tennant just not liking the look of this figure overall, will wait for the second version (blue suit hopefully with improvement over this and a smiling sculpt) Still think it was a ****** move not releasing the full set of pics until po day, not giving people much time to think it over before purchase.

Well their marketing strategy certainly seems to have worked out favourably for them to say the least. Now I can only imagine the mad rush for Baker too - now that will be just as chaotic, especially if its yet another 'rare' edition like Tennant. You know that those who want the dr's will put themselves through this all over AGAIN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back