NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey pjam, how do? i'm just wondering who you're referring to?

Not going there, Bro. But if you read through the entire thread it's pretty clear what I'm talking about. :D

Most boards restrict Dealers from posting comments, but here we are more liberal which is fine by me as long as it isn't abused. When a Dealer comes to this thread to promote (and IMO poach potential sales) a competing product they are carrying, it just ain't cool.

For the record, once I first posted notice about this, the practice has stopped -- maybe it was self regulated or a mod took care of it with a warning but it's all good now it seems.

Last edited:
Not going there, Bro. But if you read through the entire thread it's pretty clear what I'm talking about. :D

Most boards restrict Dealers from posting comments, but here we are more liberal which is fine by me as long as it isn't abused. When a Dealer comes to this thread to promote (and IMO poach potential sales) for a competing product they are carrying, it just ain't cool.

For the record, once I first posted notice about this, the practice has stopped -- so it's all good it seems.

ok that's cool. i thought you may have meant me for a sec. and i feel like i've only posted impartial opinions (in this thread anyway - elsewhere i'm guilty as hell :D).

i had a quick look through the thread too, and while there may have been promotion/support, i wouldn't go as far as poaching. i agree it's teetering on a fine line when a dealer is also a collector that partakes in discussion and debate of figs. could it just have been a simple case of loyalty to a certain company? and there are lots of people who have that - you just have to check out the other comments on both this and the EB godfather thread for that.

if it's who i think you're referring to, i assure you that there was no intention to poach. while it may have seemed like that outwardly, the guy in question is dealing as a hobby, not to make millions. he has a passion for this stuff, and his views on figures are passionate. he's the least greedy business-man like guy i know, for a guy who owns a business. i can tell you for a guarantee, he doesn't give a good god damn how many godfather figs he sells, as long as he gets one for himself. so please don't think he was poaching. he's just not the sort.

great packaging. this figure may very well be going to the grave with me.just a real groovy action figure

DSCN2465.jpg

DSCN2466.jpg

DSCN2468.jpg

DSCN2469.jpg

DSCN2470.jpg

DSCN2471.jpg

DSCN2473.jpg

DSCN2474.jpg

DSCN2475.jpg

DSCN2476.jpg

The chair is awesome. Great piece. I keep trying to decide if I wanna buy this or not...I love the Godfather movies, but, am really trying to keep the collection focused.

Then don't buy it. The balls in your court. With Enterbay's around the corner, you get to choose, should you wait, and right now you may be caught up in the hype. Give it a break and see if your interest and focus maintains its direction. There'll be deals coming down the track, so if you do decide you want one, you can scope out a good deal. There's people already flogging this off.

your probably right Creecher. I am trying to keep my collection to just Joker and the Dark Knight now...

I just opened mine up! What an amazing figure! And the packaging is awesome too! Get this figure! Wow!

From what I can see so far, paint app hands down belong to EB. I already expected that from the start. But the sculpt, the tailoring, and the body very likely will go to HT.

If one thing EB is consistent with is their subpar tailoring and RM series body.

Just saw EB Kato a few days ago. The black costume looks great but the dinner suit's fitting is just horrible, as with their david palmer suit. EB seems to be great in making form fitting costumes but not very good at suits.

As for the sculpt, on par with FOF but the paint app is way below their Jack Bauer, and BL has mickey mouse ears this time, I kid you not.

i would say sculpt is very similar on both. but bad tailoring? the EB suit really blew me away when i first saw it - it's the best tailoring i've seen at any scale. but again, will have to check it out 1st hand. the HT suit looks nice, and i'll be able to check it out in hand soon but the EB suit is very very crisp. can't wait to see more pics.

I say both company tailoring looks great from the proto pics but experience tells me that HT is more consistent with their final product suit fitting than EB.

All the suits so far from EB has really horrible fit. Admittedly, the material EB used are actually better than HT most of the time, just doesn't fit well. I mean, Dragon figures from years ago has better fit than EB.

Anyway, this thread getting derailed, my mistake there.

Anyway, I am expecting my HT Godfather sometimes late next week. Usually, I will be the first in this forum to get it since we have a HT dealer here but they will only get their stock next week due to such high demand in HK that they do not have enough to give to other dealers outside of HK.

I say both company tailoring looks great from the proto pics but experience tells me that HT is more consistent with their final product suit fitting than EB.

All the suits so far from EB has really horrible fit. Admittedly, the material EB used are actually better than HT most of the time, just doesn't fit well. I mean, Dragon figures from years ago has better fit than EB.

Anyway, this thread getting derailed, my mistake there.

Anyway, I am expecting my HT Godfather sometimes late next week. Usually, I will be the first in this forum to get it since we have a HT dealer here but they will only get their stock next week due to such high demand in HK that they do not have enough to give to other dealers outside of HK.

fair enough, but you do realize that picture of the EB suit a few pages back is the actual production piece? you might be surprised with the fitting this time.

i think i may have just talked myself into getting both. i'll compare and get rid of one.

Someone was waiting for me when I got home last night so I had to greet him with respect!

May-June2009204.jpg

LOL! Man this figure is just crazy. The quality you get for the price just cant be matched! Im sad I cant use the background because it doesnt fit in my detolf without removing a shelf. So its just sitting on the chair petting kitty for me!

P.S. If your wondering my wife is the one who took the pic and yes she thinks Im a big geek!!!!:D

Back