NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that the pre order went up finally. Then was underwhelmed by a few things. First off the pose looks bloody strange, don't laugh but Michael Jackson came to mind a few times? Secondly the unmasked head looks off? the fangs should have been slightly open, paint looks great though, mildly pale hmmm. Thirdly the armour on his thigh is just wrong wrong wrong and it's making me "grrrrrrrr gosh no" But I keep getting this feeling that something is missing with this piece. Overall it's not bad just not amazing. The price was to be expected sigh

The price could have been worse it could've gone up from 1250. It being the same is a win. I don't mind the closed mandible but it just doesn't look exactly like P1 from the movie. That doesn't mean it's not worth buying for me. Even though the leg armor is screwed up I'll look past it for now. If it bothers me enough in hand I'll sell it.

If I'm not mistaken there should be a white spine trophy on his torso trophy string along with the others.

your right, most of us have been so distracted by the thigh armor. I noticed that a long time ago, and thought maybe they had forgotten to put it on, but i guess i was wrong.

I don't see how the pose is strange. You're walking through the woods something move do you turn your body or rotate your torso. Not to mention your stepping up when it happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree.. the criticism has been that it's feminine and therefore awkward but not that it's unrealistic. I think it's very natural looking for a humanoid creature walking forward, stepping up and at the same time reacting to something seen or heard to the side. Guys, I hate to break it to you but this is how you would look performing the same combination of motions with very little clothing/armor on.

Pose is fine . . . naff-all wrong with that. Seems to be nicely done and is the best bit of the delivery IMO. Not sure why people are unhappy with it :dunno

But:

1. Displayed with masked portrait - head is too large or body too small/skinny.
  2. Displayed with unmasked portrait - area below eyes seems too elongated.
  3. Displayed either way - right thigh armour is trying to mate with the codpiece.

Just been having a close look at the SWS/Sideshow collaboration from 2006 and this really is a pale imitation of that in every way, shape & form.

Someone else (either here or elsewhere) pointed out that both this AND the P2 maquette were by "Viggiano Studio" - and they were not that impressed with either. I hadn't realised that until now - but that DOES help explain why I had concerns about the P1 from the get-go. Still - they got the dreds right on this one.

Once again though - really pleased that some folks are happy with it.

I want to want this but I think I'll pass. I own the SWS Maquette but totally would have sprung for this if it didn't just feel "off".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I want to want this but I think I'll pass.
I own the SWS Maquette but totally would have sprung for this if it didn't just feel "off".

Same :(

At the end of the day, I guess I simply do not need another "average" / "not quite right" P1 - certainly not at this price anyways.

Crappy little head edit.

ei8gmu.jpg

The nose bridge area was too tall. Same for the cheeks/mandible membranes.

I was going to do the same thing later today..there you go. Edit Looks better!

Looks better in your edit. The face actually looks like the exclusive predator 1 diorama.

Guy don't order hopefully we get a 200 ES and SSC sticks to it this time

Why is this thing so expensive? Not trying to troll but most PF's that I've purchased from SideShow have been in the $400-$600 range. Why is this so much? I just don't understand the pricing.

Why is this thing so expensive? Not trying to troll but most PF's that I've purchased from SideShow have been in the $400-$600 range.
Why is this so much? I just don't understand the pricing.

Fair question.

Combination of :
  1. Expensive license
  2. Detail & complexity
  3. Lockout stopping other companies producing at this scale
  4. Fanatical fanbase

I would have bought at this price no problem - it's a lot less than I expected and fair for a piece this size - but not with the sub-par art-direction/sculpting delivery.

I guess. I thought maybe I was missing something. Shame,I'd love this piece and would jump all over this for $600 but I just can justify their asking price.

This is bigger than you average 1/4 piece as well. It should be noted that Prime 1 delivers bigger pieces for less so that's only part of the story. The rest of the story is.. Sideshow.

A lot of orders in the Fb groups. I hope it's a low ES

Can't wait for XM or Prime 1 because I will do my best to have those too.

Back