New Star Wars Animated Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's an idea. Assuming this turns out to be real (again, my news blurb was dated March 26th so it still could potentially be an April Fool's joke), if you don't like it, don't watch it! Nobody's putting a gun to your head and saying, "Hey, ya close-minded morons, you gotta watch this!" :dunno

Well no ____ Sherlock :lol

For me its more of a reaction to the lack of creativity and need to whore out every hole in a popular license. This is just unnecessary... if they want a fun comedy series in space make it, but no need to tie it in with SW if it was actually good to begin with.

For me its more of a reaction to the lack of creativity and need to whore out every hole in a popular license. This is just unnecessary... if they want a fun comedy series in space make it, but no need to tie it in with SW if it was actually good to begin with.

Precisely....Look at Firefly. Granted it was short lived, but it was a completely different spin at the sci-fi genre. My of my favorite aspects of the show is the humor in it. IMO its still better than 90% of the shows on tv.

Yep. It was supposed to start shooting early this year... been pushed back at least a year now. All because Lucas really doesn't know what he wants yet. Like everything else SW, he's just making it up as he goes along.

As far as I know Fett's still in it, though.

Rumors were abound at WonderCon that the reason he bailed on appearing was due to the new TV series.

Well no ____ Sherlock :lol

:lol Well keep digging Watson! :p

I would argue that part of what makes it funny is the whole SW element. I plan to give it a shot. If it blows, I'll find another program to watch in that time slot.

Yeah, give it a shot. Damn, y'all naysayers might even freakin like it! I know I would love to have a live action sitcom..., damn, that would be cool too! LOL

Well now I didn't say I wouldn't watch it either... but the idea of it (at least as its been presented) sounds really lame.

But you never know, it could end up being well done and fairly intelligent... but not holding my breath on that one.

Man... have you ever sat through it? I can think of few things more awful than that... although strangely I do love the animated sequence. Probably the only thing that gets you through the rest of that terrible, terrible holiday special.

I'd rather watch the Anakin/Padme courtship scenes from AOTC repeated for 2 hours than sit through the Holiday special again :lol

Rumors were abound at WonderCon that the reason he bailed on appearing was due to the new TV series.
If they don't announce something by SDCC or Celebration V then nothing is happening this year as far as filming. The writing staff is still spinning their wheels and sitting on their thumbs waiting for some solid direction from Lucas. To this point, however, he's been spending most of his creative time sheparding the mediocre CW series. Hell, he was even AWOL when the RED TAILS movie was filming, and didn't even pay attention to that until the first rough cut of the movie was put together. Then he actually watched it... and the result is that he fired the director and is ordering a huge re-write and tons of re-shoot work. All because he ignored it until then. He must be the world's worst multi-tasker. :lol

Man... have you ever sat through it? I can think of few things more awful than that... although strangely I do love the animated sequence. Probably the only thing that gets you through the rest of that terrible, terrible holiday special.

I'd rather watch the Anakin/Padme courtship scenes from AOTC repeated for 2 hours than sit through the Holiday special again :lol

I tried watching it online last year and it was a struggle to watch. I couldn't finish it, but I loved the animated sequence. :rock

If it's not dead to you by now, nothing will kill it.

He has certainly broken the fans up into sects like sunnis and shi ites though.

No it's not dead, but it's bleeding out fast for me... it'll need some surgery:

"Get me 10 cc's of morphine!...Scalpel...sutures...live-action TV show, quick! Oh God we're losing him! He's flatlining!"

"He's going into cardiac arrest!"

"God, where the hell is that live-action show?!?"

:lol

I tried watching it online last year and it was a struggle to watch. I couldn't finish it, but I loved the animated sequence. :rock

It took nearly all of my intestinal fortitude to make it through... thankfully I suffered some form of brain damage during the incident and much of the experience is a haze of pain and shame.

It took nearly all of my intestinal fortitude to make it through... thankfully I suffered some form of brain damage during the incident and much of the experience is a haze of pain and shame.

So now you're the perfect candidate for Lucas's new animated series. :banana

I got the Holiday Special on DVD a few years ago and I still haven't mustered up the courage to watch it. I'll give this new one a shot but I'm expecting the worst.

Very true... now I'm sad :monkey2

Even after watching the Holiday Special, you still have enough brain cells to not watch this show if it's bad. From the sound of it, this may be the only way they get viewers.

ACO.gif

I'm actually scared of seeing how that turns out. Definitely intrigued, but s#$%....there's nothing he won't do at this point.

OH yeah, never looked at it that way before...

bummer. now I'm hoping Lucas gets to be an honorary astronaut for NASA and gets stuck adrift in space by "accident"... perhaps we could be humane and quicken his death by hypnotizing Ahmed Best into thinking he is Jar Jar and sending him with Lucas... :lol that'd be great...

"Wait, what's happening? Where are we going?"

"OH meesa bein berrrry scared!"

"Shut up!"

"Meesa thinkin meesa gonna cry!"

yeah, no doubt if Lucas ever gets off his lazy ass and makes up his mind about the live action show, it'll be sometime in the future (cuz it sure as hell didn't happen in the past, and it ain't happening in the present).... and in the future he'll be older and more senile...

he kept star wars going for a while just for the money, but now he's so rich, he doesn't even need the money anymore... which leaves him no reason to even care about what happens to Star Wars... so if he doesn't, who else does that has any control over it? It'll be some crap show just so all the people working for Lucas get paid...

If I was star wars right now, I'd probably be saying "My god my god, why hast thou forsaken me?" :lol

I have nothing star wars related to look forward too anymore... not even Karen Traviss books, cuz GL pissed of KT so much she quit...

OH yeah, never looked at it that way before...

bummer. now I'm hoping Lucas gets to be an honorary astronaut for NASA and gets stuck adrift in space by "accident"... perhaps we could be humane and quicken his death by hypnotizing Ahmed Best into thinking he is Jar Jar and sending him with Lucas... :lol that'd be great...

"Wait, what's happening? Where are we going?"

"OH meesa bein berrrry scared!"

"Shut up!"

"Meesa thinkin meesa gonna cry!"

yeah, no doubt if Lucas ever gets off his lazy ass and makes up his mind about the live action show, it'll be sometime in the future (cuz it sure as hell didn't happen in the past, and it ain't happening in the present).... and in the future he'll be older and more senile...

he kept star wars going for a while just for the money, but now he's so rich, he doesn't even need the money anymore... which leaves him no reason to even care about what happens to Star Wars... so if he doesn't, who else does that has any control over it? It'll be some crap show just so all the people working for Lucas get paid...

If I was star wars right now, I'd probably be saying "My god my god, why hast thou forsaken me?" :lol

I have nothing star wars related to look forward too anymore... not even Karen Traviss books, cuz GL pissed of KT so much she quit...

Dave Filoni, not Lucas. I think if Lucas heard about it at all, it was likely well after the fact.

Back