New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, my figure is perfectly straight, even when viewed from all angles. It's not perpendicular to the slope of the base, and it definitely does not exhibit the lean of the prototype.

I think you're fine. As long as you don't have gaps where her foot touches the base, then it's all good. The production piece that was shown by SSC does have a slight lean, but even if yours doesn't it's still a great looking piece. I'd be more concerned if your piece has a drastic forward lean.

Actually, there is a slight forward lean. Even the production photos shows it. See jim's post below (3rd pic)...

I think mine is straight except maybe a front view where there's a 2 or 3 tilt degree to her left. This was my concern about how awkward it would appear but it's her just tilting her waist as she throws off the bat.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    578.6 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    558.5 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    638.2 KB
I think mine is straight except maybe a front view where there's a 2 or 3 tilt degree to her left. This was my concern about how awkward it would appear but it's her just tilting her waist as she throws off the bat.

Well ....your 2nd and 3rd pic shows that slight forward lean. On your 2nd pic, If you draw a centerline from the top of her thigh to her toes, you'll see that centerline have a slight forward lean. I think that's normal considering the prototype and production piece had that. And I agree about that slight tilt from front view ...it is from her twisting her waist. Also very normal.

Well ....your 2nd and 3rd pic shows that slight forward lean. On your 2nd pic, If you draw a centerline from the top of her thigh to her toes, you'll see that centerline have a slight forward lean. I think that's normal considering the prototype and production piece had that. And I agree about that slight tilt from front view ...it is from her twisting her waist. Also very normal.

Yes, I can see the forward lean from the top of her butt to her boots, but when she bends her waist backwards a little she recovers from that slight forward and she appears to be straight. From the waist to the head it looks straight to me. That's how I see it cause of the ground she's on that has a slope going downward for her. Feel free to rebuttal this, cause I'd like to hear your opinion too. But either way, this statue is a keeper for me. Out of all the girls I got, this is my favorite.

She's so light one of the lightest statues not including the base. This should not put much pressure on the rod. She is feather light on top of the base. But the base I have is not sitting flat I added a napkin under the base to keep it correctly flat on the surface. Didn't want that to cause leaning/bending in the future.

She's so light one of the lightest statues not including the base. This should not put much pressure on the rod. She is feather light on top of the base. But the base I have is not sitting flat I added a napkin under the base to keep it correctly flat on the surface. Didn't want that to cause leaning/bending in the future.

My base had a slight wobble on the right but just let the felt pads break in and it'll be cured. Now my base is steady and doesn't move at all.

You're doing it wrong.
You draw a straight line from the middle of her head down to the base, you see the head lines up with the middle of her back between the shoulder blades, her butt and her ball of her right foot.
There's no forward lean on his piece.

I think what's throwing you off is that the figure is offset just forward of the neck of the pedestal.
The tombstones and slope of the base act as a counterweight.

Yes, I can see the forward lean from the top of her butt to her boots, but when she bends her waist backwards a little she recovers from that slight forward and she appears to be straight. From the waist to the head it looks straight to me. That's how I see it cause of the ground she's on that has a slope going downward for her. Feel free to rebuttal this, cause I'd like to hear your opinion too. But either way, this statue is a keeper for me. Out of all the girls I got, this is my favorite.

She's definitely a keeper. Your EX is just like my EX. I think most of the pieces, if not all, will be the same.

She is straight from her waist up, I agree. However, its still a slight lean. A persons center of gravity is right around the abdomen, so if her abdomen is slightly forward of her toes then she's leaning. It's fine, tho ...apparently it's supposed to be that way.

She's definitely a keeper. Your EX is just like my EX. I think most of the pieces, if not all, will be the same.

She is straight from her waist up, I agree. However, its still a slight lean. A persons center of gravity is right around the abdomen, so if her abdomen is slightly forward of her toes then she's leaning. It's fine, tho ...apparently it's supposed to be that way.

Ok my bro, let's talk about it from a scientific point of view. Even though she's a super-natural, (actually she's an alien but has the physiology of a human) she still has the physiology of a human being so imagine she's standing on a home's roof facing a downward slope, she has to keep her back straight in order not to lose her balance or she will tip over. She would not be able to maintain any posture for a long time if she was on any leaning forward position. So yes I agree that her flat stomach is slightly leaning forward, but the rest of her upper parts have to be straight in order to keep her balance. Of course she's a vampire and could most certainly stand upside down and do her thing, but SS wouldn't set her up to sell like that. What do you think, brother?

My base had a slight wobble on the right but just let the felt pads break in and it'll be cured. Now my base is steady and doesn't move at all.

Thanks will see what happens. Great amazing statue! Btw who sculpted this? I need to add him to my best of the best ever super sculptors list.

Steve Schumacher
Mark Newman
Tim Miller
Will Harbottle

Last edited:
Alright. Took a photo over the weekend. What do you guys think? Should I be worried?
Definitely send that one back if you're certain the key is inserted into the base all the way. This piece is not designed to support that angle and the stress it's causing will eventually take its toll.

Back