New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that is definitely suspicious cause it sounds like a return that a disgruntled customer lost his head over it. When I first saw this statue go for pre-order, I thought the base would have to be assembled and the branches would have to be too. So, when I opened mine, I was happy to see the excellent packaging and the base was 1 whole piece. The foam is supposed to do it's job keeping the statue tight and movement free, unless UPS tossed it on the asphalt from many feet which I doubt. Either way, you would see noticeable damage on the shipper, art-box and foam. Let us know what SS says about this cause this was definitely 1 of those statues that needed a special packaging. I'm pretty sure they will instruct you to keep the statue itself which is undamaged and they will have to send you a replacement base in another exact foam packaging for protection. I can't see them doing it no other way, it needs that exact foam during the transit. Good luck, I hope you get Mike Hollister who is very good with returns/replacements.

Since you mention foam, did yours have that soft foam around the base? Mine was only encased in the packaging styrofoam, no soft foam at all around the base. There was soft foam around her right hand but that was it.

Since you mention foam, did yours have that soft foam around the base? Mine was only encased in the packaging styrofoam, no soft foam at all around the base. There was soft foam around her right hand but that was it.

Mine was only in the Styrofoam with a piece of tissue around one part off it. It was named so hard into the Styrofoam that I had to open the box upside down and there was a huge gap in the foam. The EX am want in properly either.

Mine had an orange sticker on the bottom of the box so I think that means that they inspected it prior up shipping it out. There are still issues but I am going to let them slide this one time but I'm not pleased with the way they repackage them after an inspection.

Haha, there's nothing anatomically correct about her. Idealistic, yes, but let's not get carried away her and say that she captures the correct female anatomy. We can dream though, I suppose.

She is definitely anatomically correct as far as her sculpt goes (the dimples, hip bones, chest area, body shape, etc. I don't see how anyone could even argue that point. Being "idealistic" has nothing to do with it; that is how the female form looks when the female in question takes care of herself.

MIne was inside a tightly fitted slot of the foam (sorry, I meant styrofoam) that was made for the entire base to sit there and not be able to move. And there was like that paper they wrap on top so the top portion of the styrofoam doesn't rub against it. On youtube there's 1 guy who shows how it looks before you remove it from the styrofoam. It's always a good idea to take a picture of how this was before you pull it out. I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but they actually need good engineers, aside from painters, to be intelligent and crafty enough to make a proper styrofoam boxes for these statues. You gotta see the catwoman that came in a 3-section styrofoam because of her right arm. You had to be extremely cautious removing that baby from the styrofoam.

MIne was inside a tightly fitted slot of the foam (sorry, I meant styrofoam) that was made for the entire base to sit there and not be able to move. And there was like that paper they wrap on top so the top portion of the styrofoam doesn't rub against it. On youtube there's 1 guy who shows how it looks before you remove it from the styrofoam. It's always a good idea to take a picture of how this was before you pull it out. I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but they actually need good engineers, aside from painters, to be intelligent and crafty enough to make a proper styrofoam boxes for these statues. You gotta see the catwoman that came in a 3-section styrofoam because of her right arm. You had to be extremely cautious removing that baby from the styrofoam.

You are right, my Indy Pursuit of the Ark is in a rediculous box. That thing could have been engineered so much better.

Also, get this.

Oh Brennan, you crafty Devil. Why yes, I would like to keep the absolutely destroyed and undisplayable statue and take a $60 credit on another purchase. Why, what a deal! What kind of joke is that? The base is smashed to hell.

Guess I wont have a Vampirella after all. Now I wish I hadn't sold my Electric Tiki one or bought the print to go with this. The Reg is not going to get it done without the bat to match the print.

Sorry to hear that. When SS sends you a replacement, I hope they will put it in another exact foam box cause it won't be able to take the rattling in any other box. Damn, the idea of that foam box is to protect the statue, so what the hell happened to it. Did UPS throw the box around the truck?

Samething happened to mine. It's these the polystone for the base is SUPER thin and can easily brake.

It doesn't stop motion but it stops it from braking super easily :slap. I don't see why your trying to troll me for.
tumblr_nl9b6oyt8y1rvgwoao1_400.gif

You are right, my Indy Pursuit of the Ark is in a rediculous box. That thing could have been engineered so much better.

Also, get this.

Oh Brennan, you crafty Devil. Why yes, I would like to keep the absolutely destroyed and undisplayable statue and take a $60 credit on another purchase. Why, what a deal! What kind of joke is that? The base is smashed to hell.

Guess I wont have a Vampirella after all. Now I wish I hadn't sold my Electric Tiki one or bought the print to go with this. The Reg is not going to get it done without the bat to match the print.

Hey TBolt, did SS contact already about the wreckage you got? I believe on the site, they still have many left. Don't give up on it yet. All you need is a replacement base, how hard can that be for them to replace. It's an awesome statue and you just gotta have it in your collection.

Stopped collecting PFs a while back and only started back up again recently. Missed the boat on the EX for this one. eBay prices are crazy at the moment. Still might pick up the regular if I can't get a good deal on the EX. It's looking really good, aside from some production issues.

I joined the waitlist for the EX but chances are slim at this point, I imagine.

Also, get this.

Don't worry for something that came that broken SS will always help you with a replacement. I mean it's totally smashed up not a few chips. If you don't get a replacement for that kind of damage then this would be a new low. Wait for them to respond. They may take a couple of days. She is a great statue no question. It was the one that pulled me back in as I was getting ready to quit SS.

Hey TBolt, did SS contact already about the wreckage you got? I believe on the site, they still have many left. Don't give up on it yet. All you need is a replacement base, how hard can that be for them to replace. It's an awesome statue and you just gotta have it in your collection.

Don't worry for something that came that broken SS will always help you with a replacement. I mean it's totally smashed up not a few chips. If you don't get a replacement for that kind of damage then this would be a new low. Wait for them to respond. They may take a couple of days. She is a great statue no question. It was the one that pulled me back in as I was getting ready to quit SS.

Shockingly, no, they are not going to send a new base. This is the response I got, so it will be a refund for me. Again, they suggested I keep it with a base that was smashed to hell and back in the box. WTF SS?

Hello Tbolt,

Thank you for contacting our warehouse regarding your Vampirella.

Thank you for your patience while we checked our stock for a replacement for this figure. Unfortunately we no longer have replacement pieces for the Vampirella figure. I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

If you wish to keep this piece and fix the base, I can offer you a $60 Sideshow Collectibles credit.

If fixing the base is not an option and since we no longer have replacements, we can offer you a full refund for this piece. If you would like to then pre-order the regular edition version of this figure I would be happy to offer you a 15% discount in compensation.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Brennan Mount

I would call and complain, they are quick to brush you off on e-mail. They still have regulars in stock and could swap your EX base bottom over to one of those fairly easy if they are already out of EX bases. Probably would need to send in the bottom piece of yours, but it would be worth the effort.

Back