New Vampirella Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it's that horrible and can only be seen if you're looking at her backside. It's on the top portion of her butt close to the bikini bottom. I first noticed that when I saw a YouTube review of her and I said to myself, oh boy, what is that? They are all like that but if somebody got 1 without, let's see it.

There is nothing really wrong with the dimples on her backside or the hip bone structure showing on the front, is there? I have to be honest in saying that those are two things that set this piece ahead of so many others. This piece is anatomically correct in many aspects, including those. :)

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Those dimples on her lower back are one of the most sexy part of this statue! She has a nice butt for sure ...and then you see those dimples ...boom! You're in another level.

I love it when somebody called those dimples "thumb holders" ....or maybe he said "thumb holes". Either way ...it's so true ....if you know what I mean. :wink1:

There is nothing really wrong with the dimples on her backside or the hip bone structure showing on the front, is there? I have to be honest in saying that those are two things that set this piece ahead of so many others. This piece is anatomically correct in many aspects, including those. :)

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

I agree!

Anatomically correct is right. Especially for a gorgeously fit girl like Vampi.

I agree!

Anatomically correct is right. Especially for a gorgeously fit girl like Vampi.

Haha, there's nothing anatomically correct about her. Idealistic, yes, but let's not get carried away her and say that she captures the correct female anatomy. We can dream though, I suppose.

Haha, there's nothing anatomically correct about her. Idealistic, yes, but let's not get carried away her and say that she captures the correct female anatomy. We can dream though, I suppose.

Her genitals weren't sculpted, no, but if you think she's unrealistically modelled you need to get out of the house more.

Well, I got a great looking Vampirella, eyes perfect, no issues with arms, costume or body. Amazing really since the base was in about a million pieces inside the box. I heard the rattle and was hoping it was a burst packet. Nope, burst eggshell graveyard. Amazing it didn't break any other parts actually. Also was worried when the SS Inspections sticker was affixed to a piece of tape. Never a good sign.

a busted vampi.jpg

a busted vampi2.jpg

Well, I got a great looking Vampirella, eyes perfect, no issues with arms, costume or body. Amazing really since the base was in about a million pieces inside the box. I heard the rattle and was hoping it was a burst packet. Nope, burst eggshell graveyard. Amazing it didn't break any other parts actually. Also was worried when the SS Inspections sticker was affixed to a piece of tape. Never a good sign.

View attachment 219661

View attachment 219662

Sorry to hear that. When SS sends you a replacement, I hope they will put it in another exact foam box cause it won't be able to take the rattling in any other box. Damn, the idea of that foam box is to protect the statue, so what the hell happened to it. Did UPS throw the box around the truck?

Your statement is pretty ironic. [emoji10]

I think the word you're looking for is "contradictory", not ironic. My statement isn't either.
I see women as attractively proportioned as Vampi every day at the gym, the coffee shop, the mall ( I love Austin ).
Now, if you want an example of an unrealistic sculpt, I'd say some of the Tim Miller pieces are more toon-like than human.
Mark Newman's work is pretty conventional in comparison.

I said what I meant, and meant what I said.

Let's not derail this thread over something trivial. The statue looks pretty good and congrats are in order to the folks who purchased and are happy with it. Let's leave it at that.

I think the word you're looking for is "contradictory", not ironic. My statement isn't either.
I see women as attractively proportioned as Vampi every day at the gym, the coffee shop, the mall ( I love Austin ).
Now, if you want an example of an unrealistic sculpt, I'd say some of the Tim Miller pieces are more toon-like than human.
Mark Newman's work is pretty conventional in comparison.

The irony is that you are suggesting that someone get out of the house even though you have taken a peek under the vampipanties.

The irony is that you are suggesting that someone get out of the house even though you have taken a peek under the vampipanties.

D-doesn't everybody do this? :wink1:

I said what I meant, and meant what I said.

Let's not derail this thread over something trivial. The statue looks pretty good and congrats are in order to the folks who purchased and are happy with it. Let's leave it at that.

Agreed.
I'd like to see a whole lot less criticising of posters who wax effusive about a piece they're excited about.
All this does is create an atmosphere where the consensus seems to be all about " Uh, guys - We hate Sideshow, remember?"
Naturally hyperbole is gonna be flung about like monkey feces at the zoo, we really don't need that pointed out, do we?

Sorry to hear that. When SS sends you a replacement, I hope they will put it in another exact foam box cause it won't be able to take the rattling in any other box. Damn, the idea of that foam box is to protect the statue, so what the hell happened to it. Did UPS throw the box around the truck?

That was the suprising thing, there were no major dents or gouges in the box. I have never gotten anything THAT damaged before. I mean, the base is in SEVERAL pieces, so it was broken for quite awhile, knocking around in there. I honestly think it was a return that they just never opened and sent back out (that QC sticker being on a piece of tape is kind of a giveaway). It looked a bit like it had been retaped as well. I am not even sure how it could get smashed like that in the box. Still waiting for a reply. I would think it would not be that hard to resource a base still. I mean, this thing came destroyed. Just about every part of it was broken. Every vine has pieces broken off, just a disaster.

That was the suprising thing, there were no major dents or gouges in the box. I have never gotten anything THAT damaged before. I mean, the base is in SEVERAL pieces, so it was broken for quite awhile, knocking around in there. I honestly think it was a return that they just never opened and sent back out (that QC sticker being on a piece of tape is kind of a giveaway). It looked a bit like it had been retaped as well. I am not even sure how it could get smashed like that in the box. Still waiting for a reply. I would think it would not be that hard to resource a base still. I mean, this thing came destroyed. Just about every part of it was broken. Every vine has pieces broken off, just a disaster.

Yes, that is definitely suspicious cause it sounds like a return that a disgruntled customer lost his head over it. When I first saw this statue go for pre-order, I thought the base would have to be assembled and the branches would have to be too. So, when I opened mine, I was happy to see the excellent packaging and the base was 1 whole piece. The foam is supposed to do it's job keeping the statue tight and movement free, unless UPS tossed it on the asphalt from many feet which I doubt. Either way, you would see noticeable damage on the shipper, art-box and foam. Let us know what SS says about this cause this was definitely 1 of those statues that needed a special packaging. I'm pretty sure they will instruct you to keep the statue itself which is undamaged and they will have to send you a replacement base in another exact foam packaging for protection. I can't see them doing it no other way, it needs that exact foam during the transit. Good luck, I hope you get Mike Hollister who is very good with returns/replacements.

Back