1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cyborg's been heavy hinted at by Jedha and Justin from insiders so he's a definite. Considering he's the only one not done of the team is a no brainer.

Jedha also said Mon Mothma and someone else I can't remember were coming earlier this year...I don't buy into any of those rumor guys.

Usually HT have either announced or released something by this point durint the week

HT has definitely lost it's former mighty production power. Several figures that they already released ages ago in Hong Kong have either not shipped at all or only partially shipped. Even when they do release a figure in Hong Kong it doesn't mean much unless you are paying a good bit extra to get it right away. For the rest of us the former 4-6 week wait can now take several months.

I imagine Mando Luke would be the slightly different tunic, and belt configuration? Is the robe darker, black?
But what are people anticipating the differences would be in "Mando V3" ?
I mean besides the addition of the Beskar spear?
And maybe the Darksaber, which he pretty much owned that episode.
4v3to8.gif

Or is this about getting a new removable helmet head-sculpt?
With a "portrait" that is less beat up bloody, and closer resembling the helmet removal of the final episode?
I would love to see that!
4rjjms.gif

giphy.gif

Also what are the chances of those two being a two(three) pack? With both Jedi Luke and removable helmet Djarin, with Grogu packed between them? The set commemorating the final episode- "The Rescue"
Luke does have a slightly different costume than his ROTJ look. And yes, Mando will come with the Beskar spear, Darksaber, head sculpt, and higher base price than the V2. Probably will cost a similar price to V2 because he is likely to come with less stuff. And I don't think HT will make that speeder they previewed.

Also come with the correct thigh guard and knee pad.

And hopefully improved chrome Beskar paint!

So in peoples experience, have these slight running changes justified and generated all new figures before?
Not doubting, just curious?
As these are now likely the versions I would want most, and put side by side, with Grogu between them.
Symbolic of where the Classic Trilogy hands-off (in reverse) from the D+streamingverse. And visually as it now stands the last place we see the still hopeful positive Luke, once intent to bring about the return of the Jedi, before he supposedly becomes the failed coward of the Disney Sequels.
Also for a Helmet Removal Djarin (Pascal), over the one where he's all broken and bloody from S1, I do prefer this S2 "The Rescue" appearance , where having fulfilled his quest to return Grogu to his "kind", he says goodbye, and in turn also earns the Darksaber.

Are you kidding? Uh... Vader.
So you're saying it's common?
I honestly don't know what the running changes, and release time-line on all the Vaders have been, to compare?
Hence, I'm asking, please describe?
And you are suggesting they will apply the same (slight running changes described above) for a new Luke and Djarin so soon?

So you're saying it's common?
I honestly don't know what the running changes, and release time-line on all the Vaders have been, to compare?
Hence, I'm asking, please describe?
And you are suggesting they will apply the same (slight running changes described above) for a new Luke and Djarin so soon?

They already teased the next Mando.

Multiple Vaders, Fetts, Stormtroopers (ANH and ROTJ and RO and Mando), and Lukes. HT loves mostly reuse figures.

I would say Luke Mando and Mando v3 are a certainty. But HT will likely wait until the v2 Mando is delivered before POing the next.

This hat quote had me spitting my coffee.
****ing hilarious Wor Gar!!!
��������������

:D

So in peoples experience, have these slight running changes justified and generated all new figures before?
Not doubting, just curious?

I wouldn't really call it a slight running change. I would consider the potential Season 2 accessories and the differences in the armor to be significant enough to warrant another release, especially when factoring in the popularity of the show and character.

A small change would be like hair color or facial hair, in which case Hot Toys will not necessarily release a new version, like there were no Infinity War/Endgame versions of Falcon and Scarlet Witch.

But it ultimately depends on the character, their popularity, if there's enough of a change to make it worthwhile, and if there's an opportunity to release it.

Din Djarin, Vader, Fett, and Stormtroopers are popular enough and have enough differences between appearances (for those who care) to justify their various releases.

The Mandalorian is popular enough that a Season 2 Din Djarin is an easy pick, especially with all the new accessories it can come with. Likewise, there is enough pent up demand for Luke and enough differences in his costume to pretty easily justify a Mandalorian version.

I think we can all agree that the most likely next releases are Mando Luke and V3 Mando....Therefore I look forward to seeing the comments when Hot Toys announces Mon Mothma sometime between tonight and May 4th.
b04be3de8233dff6b5bd938fe14a2d6b.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I could see Mon Mothma happening in a two-pack with Admiral Ackbar as a ROTJ release or with Bail Organa as a Rogue One release.

I would certainly purchase Mon Mothma even as a standalone release, but it would be one of the most out of left field picks for Hot Toys if it's not part of a broader lineup with figures like Lando (General), Admiral Ackbar, Nien Nunb, and Wedge Antilles.

I think we can all agree that the most likely next releases are Mando Luke and V3 Mando....Therefore I look forward to seeing the comments when Hot Toys announces Mon Mothma sometime between tonight and May 4th.
b04be3de8233dff6b5bd938fe14a2d6b.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Disney-Plus-Clone-Wars-Timeline.jpg

Back