1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Officially 30 days without a Star Wars announcement. I feel as though I can no longer look at Wor-Gar as my board idol. A fallen idol, perhaps.

:lol

Could tonight be the night?

I do feel HT may be on the Falcon train right now while its hot (whatever hot is for that show). Zemo (a villain) is unlikely but Falcon is guaranteed. So no surprise when it pops up this week.

But after that, HT should get back to Star Wars Mando (and maybe other Star Wars). The top 3 still stand:
Mando Luke
Ahsoka
Mando v3

Although with the long delay for Mando v2, I now don't expect the v3 until SDCC. So Luke and Ahsoka's stock go way up.

Kuiil seems highly unlikely to me. As does Cara Dune (obviously) and Greef. More Mandos like Koska and the Armorer are almost guaranteed.

Back to the Future...? Where'd that come from?

Justice League did Batman and Superman. The big hitters. No one (not enough people) want flamboyant Flash or cranky Cyborg. Wonder Woman did herself no favors with WW84.

I think we're done there.

Hoping for some Back to the Future re-issues myself. The light-up box and Cosbabies possibly hint at them coming.

I reckon we might get Clone Wars Obi-Wan tonight IF it's Star Wars week.

Back to the Future...? Where'd that come from?

Justice League did Batman and Superman. The big hitters. No one (not enough people) want flamboyant Flash or cranky Cyborg. Wonder Woman did herself no favors with WW84.

I think we're done there.

Cyborg's been heavy hinted at by Jedha and Justin from insiders so he's a definite. Considering he's the only one not done of the team is a no brainer.

Back to the Future would be sweet. A reissue of Marty and the DeLorean (like with Batman and the Tumbler) would be pretty great for a lot of newer collectors. Just so iconic.

Star Wars I don't know. When have Hot Toys ever really respected a Star Wars related calendar date ? I mean they just opened Echo Base with a Batman reissue and not a Star Wars figure to be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyborg's been heavy hinted at by Jedha and Justin from insiders so he's a definite. Considering he's the only one not done of the team is a no brainer.

But HT would break its long-running history of not making an entire line-up or finishing a team -- they always leave one out. Cyborg is perfect to be left out.

I honestly don't think they'll make Ahsoka until her show comes out. She was only in the one episode, and she has a sculpt, which probably doesn't help. The only figures with sculpts from Mando so far are Boba Thicc, Bo-Katan and Moff Gideon. They've definitely been stingy.

I don't think we'll see anything on Ashoka until after her Clone Wars figure releases to prevent cancellations, and by that point we'll be close enough to next year (or in it) that they'll probably just have something ready to coincide with the hype for her show.

I think Luke will be next, followed by General Kenobi and then upgraded Mando with the spear and correct thigh armor.

Still hoping for a surprise Mace Windu or Padme announcement. You know, Veers or Wedge. One can dream.

:lol

Could tonight be the night?

I do feel HT may be on the Falcon train right now while its hot (whatever hot is for that show). Zemo (a villain) is unlikely but Falcon is guaranteed. So no surprise when it pops up this week.

But after that, HT should get back to Star Wars Mando (and maybe other Star Wars). The top 3 still stand:
Mando Luke
Ahsoka
Mando v3

Although with the long delay for Mando v2, I now don't expect the v3 until SDCC. So Luke and Ahsoka's stock go way up.

Kuiil seems highly unlikely to me. As does Cara Dune (obviously) and Greef. More Mandos like Koska and the Armorer are almost guaranteed.

The season one characters are a bit of a reach at the point I suppose. Armorer probably does have the best chance. But there is no way HT ever makes Bo Katan's sidekick, HT doesn't make D-list characters unless they are troopers. I'll eat my hat if that happens.

I honestly don't think they'll make Ahsoka until her show comes out. She was only in the one episode, and she has a sculpt, which probably doesn't help. The only figures with sculpts from Mando so far are Boba Thicc, Bo-Katan and Moff Gideon. They've definitely been stingy.

I don't think we'll see anything on Ashoka until after her Clone Wars figure releases to prevent cancellations, and by that point we'll be close enough to next year (or in it) that they'll probably just have something ready to coincide with the hype for her show.

I think Luke will be next, followed by General Kenobi and then upgraded Mando with the spear and correct thigh armor.

Still hoping for a surprise Mace Windu or Padme announcement. You know, Veers or Wedge. One can dream.

Sounds about right to me.

At this point I'm afraid we won't see anything new until May 4th. I would expect a couple reveals then. Probably Mando Luke and Mando V3 but I'm hoping for something more out of left field like Kuiil for example.

I think it?s nothing new until may. They have done this 2 years in a row. Star Wars gets a rest for April. I could be wrong and C3po goes up tonight, but I bet this week will be marvel of some kind or cyborg.

HT made the Vizsla Mando guy and some other random Mando. Koska is a Mando.

I have a nice selection of hats for you to choose from.

Both were faceless Mandos. Koska showed her face. I don't see HT developing a HS for her and i doubt they would release a helmeted only version.

HT made the Vizsla Mando guy and some other random Mando. Koska is a Mando.

I have a nice selection of hats for you to choose from.

Beefy Favreau Mando with his big gun, fancy jetpack, and flamethrower arm makes for an infinitely more interesting toy than Snoop's pip squeak cousin of a sidekick.

That random Death Watch Mando is a troop builder that doubles as a Clone Wars lore character and doesn't require a sculpt. :pfft:

Plus Night Owls??? What are they going to do, show up your base hopped up on coffee and read you a bedtime story?

How can you tell on the fringes? I'm pretty sure I have a first release set, bought it on eBay, but wanted to confirm.

I believe the first version has a more tattered appearance that looks frayed. The second version has more unnatural looking wear on the edges that looks like it was cut with scissors.

I would expect a couple reveals then. Probably Mando Luke and Mando V3
I imagine Mando Luke would be the slightly different tunic, and belt configuration? Is the robe darker, black?
But what are people anticipating the differences would be in "Mando V3" ?
I mean besides the addition of the Beskar spear?
And maybe the Darksaber, which he pretty much owned that episode.
4v3to8.gif

Or is this about getting a new removable helmet head-sculpt?
With a "portrait" that is less beat up bloody, and closer resembling the helmet removal of the final episode?
I would love to see that!
4rjjms.gif

giphy.gif

Also what are the chances of those two being a two(three) pack? With both Jedi Luke and removable helmet Djarin, with Grogu packed between them? The set commemorating the final episode- "The Rescue"

I imagine Mando Luke would be the slightly different tunic, and belt configuration? Is the robe darker, black?
But what are people anticipating the differences would be in "Mando V3" ?
I mean besides the addition of the Beskar spear?
And maybe the Darksaber, which he pretty much owned that episode.
Or is this about getting a new removable helmet head-sculpt?
With a "portrait" that is less beat up than the first, and closer resembling the helmet removal of the final episode?

4rjjms.gif

Also what are the chances of that being a two pack?

Luke does have a slightly different costume than his ROTJ look. And yes, Mando will come with the Beskar spear, Darksaber, head sculpt, and higher base price than the V2. Probably will cost a similar price to V2 because he is likely to come with less stuff. And I don't think HT will make that speeder they previewed.

Luke does have a slightly different costume than his ROTJ look. And yes, Mando will come with the Beskar spear, Darksaber, head sculpt, and higher base price than the V2. Probably will cost a similar price to V2 because he is likely to come with less stuff. And I don't think HT will make that speeder they previewed.

Also come with the correct thigh guard and knee pad.

Back