1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been waiting for a HT Grieveous as well. My only fear is the price. And that may be my deterrent.

I have the 1st SS release. And yes its flawed, but I've never touched him really after putting him on display. He looks good enough on the shelf from a distance with 2 SS Battle Droids flanking him.

I also have the 1st SS Ex Premuim Format statue of Grievous. But its been boxed up for quite some time. For me thats still the ultimate Grievous collectible.

SS Grievous won't even compare, will look like a Hasbro toy... with its saggy arms.

HT Grievous will be huge and excellent. Moving eyes. Light up sabers. Yes, it will be $500+ but it will be glorious.

SS Grievous won't even compare, will look like a Hasbro toy... with its saggy arms.

HT Grievous will be huge and excellent. Moving eyes. Light up sabers. Yes, it will be $500+ but it will be glorious.
For $500, I might be able to live with saggy arms. :lol

Until I see the inevitable comparison videos and photos. :slap

I’ll take the airborn trooper!

More than anything I want two regular 212th clone grunts though… or more. I would love to have them rappelling down in the display, of course with a newly announced 2.0 Cody and 2.0 Obi 😁

I wanted that Beehive trooper for a long time... but now I'm not sure he would fit in. Certainly as a sidekick to Cody, but not sure I want to spend $250 on an accessory.

Airbourne was expected but so nice to see since we have waited so long. Happy with that.

Scorch would have been my most anticipated but after the lazy skinny boy HT previously did I fully expect another lazy Hunter repaint instead of a proper bulky commando because HT have a habit of carrying mistakes / inaccuracies forward with their troopers. I 100% expect Hunter repaint fail again.

Greivous was again expected but very nice to see.

Old man Logan... I wonder if that is from the new Deadpool film rather than the Logan movie...

After ROTS anniversary next year, I think I'm done with collecting Hot Toys. Pretty much all essential PT and Clone Wars characters are on the right trajectory to be complete. Very happy with recent Droideka and duo Fives + Echo. And Grievous, been waiting for him since 2017.

The list:
View attachment 713409

DXAE-Anakin (Dark Matter)
DXAE-Deadpool (Martial Earth)
T800 damage parts
General Grievous (cast)
Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
superman
Scourge (famous commando)
212th Airborne Troops
honotol

When I heard Scourge I immediately thought of Skurge from Thor: Ragnarok. While extremely unlikely - it would definitely be an out-of-left field release - I'd be tempted.

skurge-thor-ragnarok-.gif

Also, the Superman release could be for the new Gunn Superman. The movie comes out next year so it could already be on a Hot Toys internal list.

I have just purged the final Disney era figures from my collection. To be honest moving forward all I will really collect from Star Wars will be OT main rebels/Imperial Officers and PT Jedi. In a way I feel clean now the Disney era figures have been removed!

As of this moment I will be getting during 2025 will be Endor Han and Kit Fisto. I do hope we see updated ROTS versions of Obi-Wan and Anakin.

I have just purged the final Disney era figures from my collection. To be honest moving forward all I will really collect from Star Wars will be OT main rebels/Imperial Officers and PT Jedi. In a way I feel clean now the Disney era figures have been removed!

As of this moment I will be getting during 2025 will be Endor Han and Kit Fisto. I do hope we see updated ROTS versions of Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Literally me lol. This time next year I’ll basically have a ‘complete’ Clone Wars and RotS shelf and the core OT characters bar Chewie along with Shin+Baylan and that’ll hopefully be my SW collection done so to speak

...who the f is "Scourge, famous commando"? Do they mean Scorch? Perhaps we can put him in the queue, too. :rolleyes:

YOU ARE 42,185 IN LINE.
You can thank me for who is hopefully Scorch... :yess:

I most likely would've only bought 1 Commando, and it would be Scorch by choice. But my son said he liked the look of the regular Imperial Commando and I was lucky enough to get a good place in the cue so I picked him up with using $105 in RP's.

If didn't order him, it would be years before they decided to make Scorch as he was the only 1 I wanted. :lol

Saggy arms? Can't really say I have had an issue with those. Was that a common problem?
DSC_0136.JPG

Either way I don't have enough issues to pay the hefty fee for an upgrade. I'm perfectly happy with the SS in my display. I made the same decision with my later batch SS clones. Other than a slight difference in color they look (feel is another matter, but how often do we pick these up) indistinguishable from the HT clones I have. No regrets in that decision.

BTW, please ignore the messy wires and such. I'm in the process of reorganizing and cleaning it up. I swear. 😇

How can you tell, Grievous hidden behind harlot?
:LOL: You can still see the arms and those definitely aren't sagging.

She is there to hide the legs though. Besides it looking cool it's partially why I used the wired cape for her.

When he was alone on the shelf I had him in an aggressive stance, stepping forward, without the stand. Worked great. Putting in other figures though crammed him into the back. He is still able to stand without the stand but the legs have to be put in an ugly awkward position to get him to fit.

At least there is something better in front so I'm not bothered not seeing the legs.

Back