1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless of whether you think "Andor isn't toyetic" (I personally find this to be nonsese), I'm surprised that HT didn't release a TIE Pilot under Andor branding, or simply re-release Death Troopers and Stormtroopers (which they've never been shy about doing).

Hoping that something comes out for Andor retrospectively at some point. It's been so long since I've ordered anything (Kenobi Vader being the last in Aug 2022).

If HT's next wave of figures is from Acolyte I will be continuing my streak of not ordering anything. :woo

Did you order anything from Ahsoka?

I was feeling very apathetic around the time the two-pack Bird Poop/Hermit Boba finally showed up. I'd lost my Star Wars mojo and already cancelled a number of pre-orders.

Then Ahsoka dragged me right back in with Sabine, Hera and Chopper. The mojo returned as if by magic. I think I have eight pre-ordered from that line.

0-0-0 and BT-1 were welcome surprises too.

Wild horses aren't going to drag me to the pre-order button for anything from The Acolyte, and not just because it's 113 years before the age of Empire.

Disney will likely have to hold a gun to Howard's head before he'll commit Hot Toys' resources to an Acolyte line.

I read or heard somewhere that there was already a 25% mark down on future Acolyte merchandise, as a sales incentive to try and get interest going. Not sure how that works, or where that news originally leaked.

I was feeling very apathetic around the time the two-pack Bird Poop/Hermit Boba finally showed up. I'd lost my Star Wars mojo and already cancelled a number of pre-orders.

Then Ahsoka dragged me right back in with Sabine, Hera and Chopper. The mojo returned as if by magic. I think I have eight pre-ordered from that line.

Wild horses aren't going to drag me to the pre-order button for anything from The Acolyte, and not just because it's 113 years before the age of Empire.

Disney will likely have to hold a gun to Howard's head before he'll commit Hot Toys' resources to an Acolyte line.

I read or heard somewhere that there was already a 25% mark down on future Acolyte merchandise, as a sales incentive to try and get interest going. Not sure how that works, or where that news originally leaked.

I ordered Sabine (cancelled), Hera (cancelled), chopper (keeping), Thrawn (cancelled), Baylan Skoll (might cancel), and Shin Hati (might cancel). I am finding it hard to drum up any enthusiasm to collect anything not OT, PT, or animated.

I have yet to order any Ahsoka stuff but honestly, as bad as the show was the figures do look nice. Sabine was the worst character but boy does that figure look nice. Thrawn, provided the rubbery "damage" bits of the uniform can be removed for a more pristine look, could work as the old EU Thrawn, Hera is really nice too with lots of colour, the troopers such as night stormie, Death trooper and Enoch would all look great on the shelf, Marrok has an awesome rusty look and is an inquisitor, Rex is a must have despite the goofy look of some parts and the Mauldalorian is another cool trooper. Then there's Anakin, Baylan, Shin, young Ahsoka and Ahsoka the white, all very nicely made and interesting looking. The show was one giant toy commercial. Imperial troopers, officers, jedi, dark siders, clones, mandalorians, droids etc etc, even zombies. It had everything except a decent script.

I may have to get Rex, Thrawn and his minions, Sabine and maybe Mauldalorian. Maybe Hera too. That is despite hating the show.

Andor may be less toyetic but still plenty there: Tie pilot, stormtrooper, death trooper, Imperial army trooper, Imperial army officers, Imperial army riot trooper, plain Imperial Clone, B2, Luthen, Cassian in Imperial disguise, prison guard, KX droid, shoretrooper, Cinta in rebel wetsuit, Syril in corpo security uniform etc.

I liked Ezra's look in Ahsoka, surprised they haven't put him up yet.
Ezra_Bridger_%28Ahsoka%29.jpg

I have yet to order any Ahsoka stuff but honestly, as bad as the show was the figures do look nice. Sabine was the worst character but boy does that figure look nice. Thrawn, provided the rubbery "damage" bits of the uniform can be removed for a more pristine look, could work as the old EU Thrawn, Hera is really nice too with lots of colour, the troopers such as night stormie, Death trooper and Enoch would all look great on the shelf, Marrok has an awesome rusty look and is an inquisitor, Rex is a must have despite the goofy look of some parts and the Mauldalorian is another cool trooper. Then there's Anakin, Baylan, Shin, young Ahsoka and Ahsoka the white, all very nicely made and interesting looking. The show was one giant toy commercial. Imperial troopers, officers, jedi, dark siders, clones, mandalorians, droids etc etc, even zombies. It had everything except a decent script.

I may have to get Rex, Thrawn and his minions, Sabine and maybe Mauldalorian. Maybe Hera too. That is despite hating the show.

Andor may be less toyetic but still plenty there: Tie pilot, stormtrooper, death trooper, Imperial army trooper, Imperial army officers, Imperial army riot trooper, plain Imperial Clone, B2, Luthen, Cassian in Imperial disguise, prison guard, KX droid, shoretrooper, Cinta in rebel wetsuit, Syril in corpo security uniform etc.
We couldn’t even get a cassian from rogue one. That’s the only cassian I want at this point.

I pray for the day they take aliens, OT ones in my case, more seriously. Where's Greedo and Bossk? Gamorreans and Fortuna?
Seeing the Hasbro Greedo figure in the cantina Haslab reminds you of how good he looks. Surely Greedo would sell more than Kit Fisto?

Seeing the Hasbro Greedo figure in the cantina Haslab reminds you of how good he looks. Surely Greedo would sell more than Kit Fisto?
I doubt that. Kit Fisto has the benefit of 1) being a Jedi 2) having more appearances throughout The Clone Wars.

The reason HT has seemingly drifted away from OT figures for the most part is probably due to sales being a lot higher for PT/CW and Mando related stuff.

Making anything from the Acolyte is a surefire way to lose money. I don't think I've seen any positive Youtube videos, but about 20 negative.

Howard would be crazy. But he's probably bound by a contract no doubt. When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's time to chuck the license. Like many have post Last Jedi.

Did Hot Toys ever even show an Acolyte license teaser? They usually do before new figures from any series are announced.

I don't think they ever did for Andor either. It's not a blanket Star Wars license they have. It has to be negotiated for individual projects. So maybe they felt there may not be enough interest and decided to wait for release and gauge the fan response.

Making anything from the Acolyte is a surefire way to lose money. I don't think I've seen any positive Youtube videos, but about 20 negative.

Howard would be crazy. But he's probably bound by a contract no doubt. When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's time to chuck the license. Like many have post Last Jedi.

Unfortunately I felt like this got review bombed hard before the show even came out. I'm all for hating on a show (looking at you Book of Boba) after watching it, but there was a lot of negative things about this show before the episode even aired, from people who haven't even watched an episode or even planned on it.

I doubt that. Kit Fisto has the benefit of 1) being a Jedi 2) having more appearances throughout The Clone Wars.

The reason HT has seemingly drifted away from OT figures for the most part is probably due to sales being a lot higher for PT/CW and Mando related stuff.

This. At this moment, no way Greedo outsells someone like Fisto or some of the other popular supporting Jedi Council members.

I ordered Sabine (cancelled), Hera (cancelled), chopper (keeping), Thrawn (cancelled), Baylan Skoll (might cancel), and Shin Hati (might cancel). I am finding it hard to drum up any enthusiasm to collect anything not OT, PT, or animated.

Came to this decision earlier this year, my collection will be GL based with a few Mando and random (Tie Pilot under the Andor license for example) pieces here and there.

With more PT and TCW high-end collectibles being released, I need to make sure I have space moving forward.

I decided to only collect OT, PT, and Clone Wars. I’m not buying any characters Disney created. I did buy Revan though, and would purchase a few more legends characters if they’re made.

I decided to only collect OT, PT, and Clone Wars. I’m not buying any characters Disney created. I did buy Revan though, and would purchase a few more legends characters if they’re made.

I’m doing HT only for CW. Trying to stay mostly OT w/ my statues, but that seems to be getting more difficult as the Mouse tightens its grip.

Back