NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes more sense, that they play the fictional football team The Rogues, rather than the Steelers ARE the Gotham team :lecture

It's not the Steelers. They're the Rogues.

the-dark-knight-rises-location-shooting-heinz-field-pittsburgh-the-gotham-rogues.jpg

I will own one of those.

Edit - with any luck, Troy Polamalu will be one of the players shown in the movie and they will market player specific shirts.

I would get a Troy Polamalu Gotham Rogues shirt. Even if it just had a fake name, but Troy's number on it.

Last edited:
Such an unproductive day of work. I think I watched Twitter for the last half hour to see the instant reports from the Pats practice.

Gronkowski leaves early, Shaun Ellis just watches, Andre Carter looks okay and so on. Is it September 12 yet?:impatient:

Rex Grossman is claiming the Skins will win the NFC East. :slap:rotfl:slap He's almost as dumb as his owner and coaching staff.

Such an unproductive day of work. I think I watched Twitter for the last half hour to see the instant reports from the Pats practice.

Gronkowski leaves early, Shaun Ellis just watches, Andre Carter looks okay and so on. Is it September 12 yet?:impatient:

I hear Haynesworth is knocking them dead up there. :rotfl

Ray Lewis has stated that if the Ravens win it all this year, then he is going to retire. So, in recognition of Ray, and his achievements over his 38 years in the League, I thought it'd be nice to post this vid;

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XZDzOGFXts[/ame]

Rex Grossman is claiming the Skins will win the NFC East. :slap:rotfl:slap He's almost as dumb as his owner and coaching staff.

Aren't all players supposed to show this kind of positive attitude toward the season?

Of course, some need that positive attitude more than others but...:monkey3:)

Aren't all players supposed to show this kind of positive attitude toward the season?

Of course, some need that positive attitude more than others but...:monkey3:)

Well in that case he should have said superbowl or bust:rotfl

Eagles sign Steve Smith from the Giants. :yess:

Eagles are definitely making the most noise so far.

Now we'll see if that translates well into team play.

Eagles are definitely making the most noise so far.

Now we'll see if that translates well into team play.

I don't see them in the Superbowl this year. Too many moves and coaching changes. They will need a year to tie it all together.

Next year I fully expect them to go and win. If not this has all been worthless.

Many "experts" are calling the regular season meeting between Philly and NE the "Super Bowl Preview".

For a team that's got their rear ends handing to them their last 2 post season appearances, the Pats still get way too much love with Brady under center. If he goes out, I don't see them finishing 8-8. That's way too inexperienced of a starting crew, with the exception of the O line.

Many "experts" are calling the regular season meeting between Philly and NE the "Super Bowl Preview".

For a team that's got their rear ends handing to them their last 2 post season appearances, the Pats still get way too much love with Brady under center. If he goes out, I don't see them finishing 8-8. That's way too inexperienced of a starting crew, with the exception of the O line.

It's too early to tell what will happen with Philly IMO. Every year they suffer from major injuries to key players. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Also as I said, they have to build a team out of all of these guys. On top of that they have a new defensive coordinator that hasn't coached a defense since he was a high school coach in 1989.

Finally they have a completely new (rookies) place kicker and punter.

So yeah, I'm not sold on a run this year. I believe they will go to the playoffs. They may even play for the NFC championship. I just don't think they will get in this year.

I'll be optimistic for ya, BM. As long as someone steps up and can be the leader of all of those personalities, I see them having the talent to make a serious run. If no one does it, and does it seriously, then there are too many "stars" to butt heads. One little misread could snowball into a catastrophe.

I like Vick, really like what he's done with his second chance and think he's a hell of a role model for young kids faced with bad decisions. I can see Vick stepping up and being that offensive leader, but with so many new pieces in place on that D I could see that being their weak point early on.

Right now they've yet to prove anything with their new players, but boneheads are already chirping with that "dream team" crap. I can see them looking like hell until they get their crap together, but I could see them making it. Heck, if Akers wouldn't have missed 3 FGs against the Packers they very well could have been in the SB last year, and I think they've only improved their team this off-season.

I can see them in the SB, and as long as the Steelers don't repeat as AFC Champs, then I'll root for 'em all the way.

I'll be optimistic for ya, BM. As long as someone steps up and can be the leader of all of those personalities, I see them having the talent to make a serious run. If no one does it, and does it seriously, then there are too many "stars" to butt heads. One little misread could snowball into a catastrophe.

I like Vick, really like what he's done with his second chance and think he's a hell of a role model for young kids faced with bad decisions. I can see Vick stepping up and being that offensive leader, but with so many new pieces in place on that D I could see that being their weak point early on.

Right now they've yet to prove anything with their new players, but boneheads are already chirping with that "dream team" crap. I can see them looking like hell until they get their crap together, but I could see them making it. Heck, if Akers wouldn't have missed 3 FGs against the Packers they very well could have been in the SB last year, and I think they've only improved their team this off-season.

I can see them in the SB, and as long as the Steelers don't repeat as AFC Champs, then I'll root for 'em all the way.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:duff

:lol Glad I could perk ya up some.

And don't feel obligated to post "good" stuff about the Steelers. They piss me off half the time.

Could this be the year for the PA Bowl??? Just kidding. Every year proves any team is lying in wait to be this year's "Cinderella Story".

Now bring on some Foosball :rock

Why wouldn't they get love for having the reigning league MVP under center?:dunno Hypotheticals are fun. I'm sure 8-8 would be the record for many teams without a star QB being in. I also don't get where the inexperience is coming from on the offense. The defense I would grant you since many of the starters have 3 or fewer years in the league.

Back