Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't put a timeframe around becoming an artist. Nor can anyone make you wait for a degree until you can call yourself one.

Indeed! I AM a photographer, but no one educated me, I just do research and practice, practice, practice. Being something is about having a gift or quality about you. Education can only help you find a path to hone your gifts, but if those traits aren't there, it's not going to happen. Look at Les, Mikey and Josh as custom painters. I'm sure they've had art classes in their background, but I'm sure never anything focused on figure head painting, but they have a skill, and through repetition and research, they've honed their skills and become fine-tuned machines at what they do.

AHHHHHHHHH SOMEONE SAID THE "M" WORD!

seriously though, look at his choice of words "artist by trade" Meaning, therefore, that he makes a lving off his work. I'm an Art and design student, finishing out my second year. I'm focusing on 3d art for game aplications, and game design at the moment, and when I'm finished in a year or two, I'm going to have some mosterous loans to pay back. so I very much hope to qualify as an artist by trade by then. If not... well.. i'll be in some deep poodo.

And they certianly can make me wait for a degree, if they require one before I can get a job, heh :)

but i do see your point. again, poor choice of words on my part. That seems to keep getting me into trouble today.

Am I An artist now? I should hope so, the Paintings I've done, the storyboards, and animations i've made, the figures i've painted ( both 1/6 3.34" and 28mm) should attest to that. Am I making a living off my work yet? no, that's a ways off i think, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Nice review. Some really great pics as well.

Thanks, Marc!

I had more pics planned. Some really cool ones too. But it was a matter of just getting the review posted before it became too outdated, so I couldn't even see if they would've worked out right. I'll just transfer those ideas over to the RAH Boba Fett review (e.g. - figure walking through a hologram)

A slight mod, sculpted pieces of sculpy to the shoulders to give her less rounded more athletic shoulders. They where really the only part of the body that was bothering me.

asajj-12.jpg

A slight mod, sculpted pieces of sculpy to the shoulders to give her less rounded more athletic shoulders. They where really the only part of the body that was bothering me.

asajj-12.jpg

cool pose dude!!!:D..that shoulder slouch made alot of difference

It's super easy. Just take two small balls of the same size of sculpy, mold them onto the shoulders smoothing them towards the neck and building them out towards the shoulders to make a sort of comet shape. Carefully remove them, try to not deform 'em in anyway. Bake, then shove under the tunic, they should sort of pop into position and don't really move at all.

I have some Apoxi and I didn't use that because it's sticky as all hell and would have been hard to pull off the shoulders. (I wanted the pieces to float over the shoulder joints) I would have had to put saran wrap under it or something and the baking really wasn't hard or time consuming.

That looks great dedguy. Simple enough but improves her appearance greatly.
I might try something like that in the future with mine.

I just got mine in the mail today off eBay, completely sealed in the original shipping box, and there's a problem. I took the tattooed head, and went to put it on the neck, but it wouldn't stay on. Upon inspection, half of the area with the hole where the tab goes in, is torn and it goes up with the slightest amount of pressure.

view.php

I can pull it forward by putting a pen in the hole, and so I tried swabbing some super glue along the edges in hopes of it staying in place. No such luck. Do you think SideShow can replace it, or is there an alternate way around this?

unfortunately, becuase you got her off the secondary market, I doubt sideshow will help you, but it can't hurt to ask. I wish you luck. IF it were my figure, I'd simply trysome super glue, or testors molecular cement :)

when I get my ventress I'm going to try and make it look like this.. adam did you use the medicom luke's robe and hands? I already have the robe but sold the hands... dam!!

Yeah, you've got it. I used the Medicom robe, as the wire is the best for making the hood look like it's hanging naturally.

I used a male Medicom body, with the breasts from one of the BBI torsos as 'chicken cutlets'. If you look at the original designs, Assajj is kinda tall and lean with big shoulders, so I figured I didn't need the curvaceous body for her. And the Medicom bodies have such great shoulder articulation!

Good luck, and have fun!

-AH!

Yeah, you've got it. I used the Medicom robe, as the wire is the best for making the hood look like it's hanging naturally.

I used a male Medicom body, with the breasts from one of the BBI torsos as 'chicken cutlets'. If you look at the original designs, Assajj is kinda tall and lean with big shoulders, so I figured I didn't need the curvaceous body for her. And the Medicom bodies have such great shoulder articulation!

Good luck, and have fun!

-AH!

thank you thank you!! I'm a fan of your work and love your customs. keep up the good work! :D

Back