Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop giving that guy all your hate.

It's criticism, not hate. :cuckoo:
Stop your fanboy bootlicking. :rotfl

What kind of assclown would design an autopilot for a billion dollar+ ship that crashes into stuff!? :lol

Autopilot flies the ship wherever it's programmed, Einstein.
(That's the "auto" part -- it means "automatic.") :pow

Another plot hole: Breathable atmosphere or no, it seems unbelievable that anyone would remove their helmet and risk exposure to a possible viral contagion. Seems completely against what unknown planet exploration protocol would demand. (Remember Ripley in Alien, kids?)

Still an impressive film. Still a clunky script.

:snake

____

I aint bootlicking ____. Prometheus is the only thing i've ever seen of Damon. But seriously.....Ridley Scott is the director. Once the directing starts, the writer is chucked away for the most part. And if he was on set, Ridley still calls the shots.

I'm just kinda tired of everyone hating on this guy for something that wasn't entirely his fault.

I cannot wait for a sequel. I loved Prometheus. Ridley truly expanded the Alien universe and captivated the imagination. I hope Michael Fassbender plays duel roles, like he plays a Military scientist whom David was based off of and this human version of David is part of the 2nd crew finding out what happened to the Prometheus. It would be interesting if Shaw and the human David have a romantic connection and to see how David 8 reacts since he has interest in shaw himself. I hope the sequel brings back the iconic Alien and see the evolution of the Deacon and Alien Queen. My vote is to get Guy Pearce back as an android representing a young Weyland and bring a high caliber actor like Christian Bale as a colonial marine or Captain of the next crew. Bring some action into it by blending the horror of alien with the action/thriller of Aliens and bringing the imagination of Prometheus. I guess that is just the fanboy speaking from his heart, but I feel that will be an interesting concept to build upon .. also, bring on Christopher Nolan to produce this sequel. If anyone can be said as the master of third acts and tieing films together it is him. Have him aid Ridley in truly linking Alien with Prometheus

Autopilot would just go in a straight line.

Yeah, when everyone was in hypersleep and the ship was traveling thousands of light years, it was going in a straight line the whole time. :slap

TripleFacePalm_display_image.jpg

____

Autopilot flies the ship wherever it's programmed, Einstein.
(That's the "auto" part -- it means "automatic.") :pow

Do you understand how autopilot systems work!? Everything is pre-programmed: either specific destinations (fixed points) or to do specific things (maintain altitude, speed, etc.)

No ship (not even our modern aircraft let alone a billion dollar+ spacecraft) would implement an autopilot feature that would allow someone on board to program the ship to automatically fly toward another object (in this case another spacecraft) for the purpose of crashing it.

Not to mention, no ship would implement an autopilot feature to follow and track another moving object.

:pow

A sequel is confirmed? This is outstanding news! I was hoping this film wouldn't end with a cliff hanger with no follow up! Looking forward to this and Avengers 2! :clap

Here is the script for Prometheus 2 that just leaked out.

Prometheus 2: The Big Black Plot Hole

(insert your own text here to fill it, for you have to do it anyways)...

The End

Yeah, the movie kind of sucked. Wasn't as horrible as for example Tf-movies, but not very exiting or smart. Nice views though. I actually would have really wanted to like this one, but it was a huge dissappointment.

Do you understand how autopilot systems work!? Everything is pre-programmed: either specific destinations (fixed points) or to do specific things (maintain altitude, speed, etc.)

Umm, yeah . . . . best for you to stick to the LOLZ, buddy. :wink1:

Because you and reality aren't in check. :violin

LOLZ or not... he's right. The ship would not allow it.

You turn autopilot on when you have to take a ____, or have sex with a hot blond...and you wouldn't want to come back and see the ship slamming head first into some object....that would be stoooooooooopid.

Back