Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blu ray alternate & deleted scenes:

ALTERNATE AND DELETED SCENES: [34:54]
* ARRIVAL OF THE ENGINEERS [2:31]
* T’IS THE SEASON [0:58]
* OUR FIRST ALIEN [0:42]
* SKIN [0:42]
* WE’RE NOT ALONE ANYMORE [1:22]
* STRANGE BEDFELLOWS [2:57]
* HOLLOWAY HUNGOVER [1:25]
* DAVID’S OBJECTIVE [0:23]
* JANEK FILLS VICKERS IN [3:27]
* A KING HAS HIS REIGN [3:40]
* FIFIELD ATTACKS [2:01]
* THE ENGINEER SPEAKS [4:06]
* FINAL BATTLE [5:30]
* PARADISE [5:05]

What a list! Can't wait to see this again! :yess:

It's only getting a sequel because of Ridley Scott. Had the same movie come from some no-name the sequel(s) would've been DOA.

Actually it didn't. :lol

It so called didnt because of its original budget...otherwise many films dream of making that much money...besides Ted and maybe 21 Jump street not many R flicks make that much..(.I hope 21 Jump street sequel is in the works)...I cant believe how expensive the budget is for many films now...bordering on Ludicrous...An R rated flick with high budget is Big risk,,,

No, with the built in fan base and names attached to this, this movie should have done much better. The visuals were dead on, you really don't see people knocking that. It comes down to Damon's script and ultimately Scott allowing what came to screen to happen. Could have been so much more and I think it was to the people who easily fill in the blanks and created their own movie, but to the majority of movie goers who have to be spoonfed, it was a disappointment.

ASY8U.png
[/IMG]

It so called didnt because of its original budget...otherwise many films dream of making that much money

Its original budget is why people saw it to begin with. So that's a weak argument. :lol

Anyways..

It's only getting a sequel because of Ridley Scott. Had the same movie come from some no-name the sequel(s) would've been DOA.

Yup. It's been out almost 3 months and still hasn't even made as much as its budget here. Not to mention when you factor in promotion costs and the fact that Fox doesn't get 100% of the box office return by all accounts it was a dud worldwide. But that's how it works when you got name power. :lol

I am glad we are getting a sequel though, even if it doesn't make financial sense. I hope to get a few more answers than what we got and hopefully tie it in a little more to Alien. I want to see that the Alien is what happens when the Engineers create the perfect weapon and even they cannot control it. It will also be interesting to see how they handle the main characters being just Shaw and David. I am excited to see the next chapter in this series.

Back