Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In other news.

Mr. Crumb arrived at my house, and he made himself right at home...

IMG_0169-1.jpg

Actually, I'm more than willing to bet that its not white paint. The gloss was applied, but not quite properly. With some 'clear' spray paints, if something goes wrong (Moisture, temperature change, etc) then the spray can indeed turn white over a short period of time.

That is very likely I think, (try not to snicker too hard) my product box was slightly damp when I opened it and removed it from the outer plastic bag. I wasn't sure what to make of it, but if there were others this could be the cause of the gloss issues. Fortunately mine had no problems.

I love it! :chew:chew:chew

Son of a ^^^^^^!!!! Just got mine,,, opened it up,,, and sure enough,,, I got the "glossed over version" too.... It looks like Silentman's not the only one with a f'd up version.... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They really got mine with the white paint. You can't even see his eyes at all.....

Awwww man, so mine isn't super limited anymore? :monkey2 This is seriously funky! At least we know that Sideshow is awesome about returns and exchanges, but it still sucks to open up an anticipated collectible and see something like that. I wonder how many more blind Crumbs are on their way to unsuspecting buyers?

Actually, I'm more than willing to bet that its not white paint. The gloss was applied, but not quite properly. With some 'clear' spray paints, if something goes wrong (Moisture, temperature change, etc) then the spray can indeed turn white over a short period of time.

Yeah, that's what I said earlier. If they put him in the box when the gloss cote was still wet, it's likely that it hadn't clouded over yet, so it's not like the inspectors were looking at a blind Crumb and saying "yep, that looks just dandy."

Whatever the case, Quality Control is clearly not doing its job the past several months and something must be done.

Whatever the case, Quality Control is clearly not doing its job the past several months and something must be done.

I nominate you Carl. You seem to know so much about everything. Go to China and solve this ever important collectible crisis.

Oh, I'm not really upset either (for the same reason as you) but I might be when it arrives (for the same reason as you).

But it certainly is a bit concerning that these defects appear to be happening with more regularity (Stealth Iron Man, Thing PF, now this).

Got mine and what a character!

I just took this pic of him:

crumb2jg4.jpg

LOL

What a great piece.

Last edited:
Nice pick Gru. I can't believe my GG Rancor fits in a Detolf so now I have a perfect spot for this guy right on top of one :banana

loll...he's so awesome....probably my favorite Star Wars item done by Sideshow.If I was collecting SW, This would be the first collectible I'd try to buy.

Can someone tell me if the dimensions for Crumb on SS's site are correct?

I must know if this guy will fit in my current cabinet.

Gruson.... :lol

I seriously want to see if I can get a manager of a club somewhere to let me bring mine in for pics. :lol

Back