Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some dealers still have him so act fast!

I can see this one going up fast.

Yep,,, this will be a great investment. It will be hovering in the $1K range quickly.. I've got a great spot in my theater for him already. I won't be flipping mine. Looking forward to Mr. Fedex showing up anytime now. :)

I just keep looking at mine and smiling...not flipping this one unless it goes to crazy numbers and I can buy a genetically cloned version of him with the money ;)

Son of a ^^^^^^!!!! Just got mine,,, opened it up,,, and sure enough,,, I got the "glossed over version" too.... It looks like Silentman's not the only one with a f'd up version.... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They really got mine with the white paint. You can't even see his eyes at all.....

100_0026-vi.jpg

Dang, that just sucks. I wonder what the problem was that made those happen since he doesn't have white anywhere on him.

Dang, that just sucks. I wonder what the problem was that made those happen.

Actually, I'm more than willing to bet that its not white paint. The gloss was applied, but not quite properly. With some 'clear' spray paints, if something goes wrong (Moisture, temperature change, etc) then the spray can indeed turn white over a short period of time.

I just spent a minute or so looking mine over closer,,, they totally nailed the face with silver/white paint as you can see in the pic... I had to laugh when I saw the "Quality Control PASSED" sticker on the packaging. Dangit... I sure hope SS can send me a replacement quick. Heck,,,, maybe they'll ask me to get out the hammer to this one since he's so messed up.

Dang, that just sucks. I wonder what the problem was that made those happen since he doesn't have white anywhere on him.

That's why I was speculating about something to do with the packing materials having an unexpected effect on some of these, it's way beyond sloppy paint apps, definitely something really wrong.

Actually, I'm more than willing to bet that its not white paint. The gloss was applied, but not quite properly. With some 'clear' spray paints, if something goes wrong (Moisture, temperature change, etc) then the spray can indeed turn white over a short period of time.

If its something like that it could be an entire batch that was messed up. since there would have been a few at the same time in the same areas... What a drag.

If that can happen, perhaps it's a case of some getting boxed too soon or something. I remember the Jabba figures came with strong paint smell and even looked wet even though paint didn't come off, like they were thrown in the box too soon after completion.

I just spent a minute or so looking mine over closer,,, they totally nailed the face with silver/white paint as you can see in the pic... I had to laugh when I saw the "Quality Control PASSED" sticker on the packaging. Dangit... I sure hope SS can send me a replacement quick. Heck,,,, maybe they'll ask me to get out the hammer to this one since he's so messed up.

what inspector number did you have on the QC sticker/stamp?

Back