Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah I dont hate my PS3, I actually love it just seems everything I want to play comes out on the 360 and while I wait for something I care about on the PS3 just gets the blu-ray treatment.

Yeah see and as far as the Modern Warfare 2 maps...i mean there done and played thru to boredom on the 360...already waiting for something new. As for the PS network, i havent had any problems with it, i just find it rather
slow as compared to LIVE.

Ive been looking for some older used single player games to pick up for it, any suggestions.
The only games I have for it so far are, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of war box set, God of war 3, Killzone2, Lair, Valkryie Chronicles, Darksiders.

I just picked up Dead Space used for under 15$, been a lot of fun so far for a single player campaign. Thought I'd try it before the second one comes out.

Last edited:
Yeah I finished Dead Space and that game is fantastic, Im so waiting for the 2nd one. That migh be one i pick up for the PS3 unless theres some sort of multiplayer aspect that they add which depending on how that is will determine if I play it on the 360.

I FINALLY bought a new PS3!! :rock This new slim version rocks! :rock

It's definitely a lot quieter, lighter, etc.

Question for PS3 owners: I bought this at Wal-Mart. It comes from Sony with a 1 year warranty, but I want an extended 2 year warranty. Should I go through Sony or through Wal-Mart's insurance company, New Hampshire *something something*?

So I rang sony about my PS3 being knackered, I have to try a system re-store and if that doesn't work, it's £130 to get it repaired because it's out of warranty. What a joke!

I know now the system re-store won't work, I mean, how many times have you heard of someone's disc drive being screwed but then being fixed by a system re-store?

Yeah, :exactly:

I say get an extended warranty at WM if you can that way you can just walk in and exchange it and not worry abot sending it in and waiting.

Yep, I have a warranty on my PS3 and 360 from Best Buy. They go bad I walk in and walk out with a new one simple as that.

So I rang sony about my PS3 being knackered, I have to try a system re-store and if that doesn't work, it's £130 to get it repaired because it's out of warranty. What a joke!

I know now the system re-store won't work, I mean, how many times have you heard of someone's disc drive being screwed but then being fixed by a system re-store?

Platty, you try this yet? I'm in the same boat as you with my disc drive not reading discs. I'll put a Blu-Ray disc or a DVD in, and the disc read indicator shows up (you know, the clock with the spinning minute hands) but my PS3 never recognizes the disc. And like you, I seriously doubt that a system restore will work...but at thsi point, I'm willing to try anything. I need to back up my PS3 first, though.

Platty, you try this yet? I'm in the same boat as you with my disc drive not reading discs. I'll put a Blu-Ray disc or a DVD in, and the disc read indicator shows up (you know, the clock with the spinning minute hands) but my PS3 never recognizes the disc. And like you, I seriously doubt that a system restore will work...but at thsi point, I'm willing to try anything. I need to back up my PS3 first, though.

Guys, THE SAME THING happened to me. One day I woke up, put in a disc and nothing. The little symbol in the corner of the screen would play over and over, but the system couldn't read the disc. I replaced the disc reader/laser, and then the power to the disc drive went out. Yet, another headache. I had an 80GB system, and I said time to upgrade to the new slim. If you want to get it fixed, send it to Sony and avoid the headache of something else going wrong. I tried to "beat the system" and do it myself, and yeah....never again. :lol

If you don't feel the investment is worth it, go the route I did and buy a new system.

Not yet Dino pal, need to back up the saves myself. Haven't got hold of a USB pen to do it with...silly ass here was actually going to ask would it be possible to use a blank disc to back them up :lol

Thanks for the advice, Chapter. I'm thinking is it better to spend £130 and run the risk of something else going wrong and it being another £130 to fix that, or am I better off going with the replacement slim straight off. Who's to say that won't break, though? At least if I have my existing console repaired there's less chance of future breakages. Hmm, decisions!

Okay, this must be some kind of joke.

I bought my PS3 in August 2009, and I've already got a problem. For some reason, my controller just died. It no longer lights up, it won't take a charge, and yet it was working perfectly the night before.

What upsets me is that even though my system and peripherals are still under warranty, I have to pay to ship this thing to the US in order to get my replacement.

Compare that to three replacement Xbox 360s since they were originally released, and I have yet to pay a single cent for any repairs or replacements since they always fall under their 3-year warranty. And that includes free shipping, both ways.

In any case, I'm going to buy a second PS3 controller today, as there's no way I'm missing out on Red Dead Redemption on release day. I'll just keep the replacement that Sony sends me as a backup.

Yeah they always say that but that'll never work. I had to pay a few weeks back as well because my launch machine died on me, disc drive crapped out, paid and got a refurbished PS3 3 days later.

Just started the restore. I'll let you know how it turns out, Dino! In about 4 and a half hours :lol

I'm not getting my hopes up.

mafia-ii-brings-on-the-babes-20100610054725815-000.jpg

Back