Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little afraid on the face reveal. I remember how this forum was going nuts over the small teases from the Emma Frost PF until we finally got a look at that face and there was a jaw drop that was heard throughout the net. :lol

Yes and I find it fishy that the face is not revealed right away. I know I am cynical (hey, it's a positive trait for my profession) but that's how I am.

There will be absolutely no price break between fully sculpted and mixed medias, not to beat a dead horse but the writing is on the wall that while a 1:4 comiquette used to be rare and used for characters where fabrics wouldn't make sense I have a feeling we'll be starting down the road where it's the opposite, a mixed media PF being the rarity. Even Scarlet Witch and upcoming Vision PFs only have fabric on their capes.

The piece looks phenomenal and I'll be ordering it but it'll be sad when the day comes when people are posting "Remember when the PFs used to have fabric costumes?"

Still a little difficult to comprehend SSC making this change especially when the exposure they've received and praise as well was on how different their mixed media pieces actually were in comparison to other licensees.

You'd think it'd be easier for them to simply announce the scale with the piece for moquettes/comiquettes and leave the Premium Formats alone as the definitions understood for almost a decade but I'm not the one making the bucks down in Thousand Oaks.

i dont think they are gonna phase out using cloth at all. its just that it can't be used in all situations. even with a character like wolverine where his outfit is supposed to be cloth, using it didnt really work. i would rather they use whatever looks the best in any specific situation. cloth works best in moderation as an accent IMO. for something like poison ivy, there is just no need to even try mixed media. i think they want to label everything 1/4 scale a PF because it is their trademark label for those kinds of statues. Takes away the confusion in the future for 1/4 scale SSC statues.

But of the lovely DC characters, I will own every single female sculpt on this line. Can't wait until we get Death, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Zatanna, Black Canary, Huntress, Powergirl, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, batgirl & other bevy of beautiful girls :drool

Yes. Yes! Yes!!!
You have me imagining all sorts of awesome things. I don't collect 1:4 really but what I'm seeing so far... I may not be able to avoid it.

I feel like this one could be selling out fairly fast if the face is ace.

I'm a little afraid on the face reveal. I remember how this forum was going nuts over the small teases from the Emma Frost PF until we finally got a look at that face and there was a jaw drop that was heard throughout the net. :lol

don't worry, vs will still buy 2

yes, the face is very important in a piece...doesn't matter how detailed and amazing the rest of the piece is, if the face doesn't look right, the entire piece doesn't look right.
But so far so good...waiting on that face.

Did someone say Huntress??? Yes please Ill have two. But then again I guess we would also need Power Girl. Good thing I am working tons of OT.

I really would like to pick up this one; so far thesculpt looks good and I really can't wait for the full reveal. Of course I'm cautiously optimistic, and I do hope this is 1/4 scale!

This is off topic. I've been thinking about a lot of these DC PFs and masks a lot of the characters have. I really do hope that the ones with the masks have an alternate head like captain america pf so you of least have the option. It's certainly worth $25 more to me if that is what it takes.

I so hope the face turns out on this.

Would love to see a bust down the road also.

What color of flesh do you like Ivy to have? Green tint, regular, or both? Myself, it depends on what she is wearing.

What color of flesh do you like Ivy to have? Green tint, regular, or both? Myself, it depends on what she is wearing.

I prefer regular. Really highlights the green vines/plants growing on and around her. I have a good feeling they're going to get this statue right, face and all.

The key to this piece will be the paint. There's a lot of ivy running down her legs in a dark green over a pale skin. The ivy needs to appear to sit on top. If there's overlap in the paint this piece will look poorly done. The pic released that shows her thigh tells me the paint may have this problem. If not I'm picking this one up.

If the face is perfect, I'm ordering two. I just love the sculpt of the statue so far. Could be one of the sexiest statues ever made by SSC.

I can't recall ever seeing Ivy like this but it'd be awesome if they could do a gradient from green to flesh, transitioning across her abdomen. I have a couple of ceramic statues with a similar transition effect and it looks really good.

Back