Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't Mark Newman sculpt Poison Ivy too?? If so, people might think differently when she is revealed.

What I mean by this is, he has a different aesthetic to his faces. I personally love the faces he does, I think they look phenomenal.

However, there seem to be a decent sized chunk of people on the boards that don't. So, if Mark did sculpt Ivy, then you guys who love her so much now might want to be prepared to like her less when she's revealed. I'm not saying this to be negative, just looking at it from reality.

Oh oh. :panic:

Is this why they haven't shown her face yet? :lol

MODOK.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Trevor did the face. Mark Newman sculpted the rest.

Wait, wait, WAIT!

Babydoll has a face?!? :monkey3

This looks like a great piece, hope the face turns out well. Will this be displayed at SDCC?

Goodbye Marvel PFs and hello DC PFs!

I am sure Sideshow will have her displayed at SDCC

Hopefully even up for order before :)

With all the excitement and announcements lately it's looking to be the 2012 San Diego Batman Convention.

Everybody worried about Ivys face... Join me
tumblr_m3bsi9TjVY1qe3ni6.gif

:lol

:lol:lol:lol

tumblr_lyf3z7Rk6R1qegw8v.gif

The truth is that I wouldn't mind Newman sculpting Ivy's face. For some reason I think his style would suit the character. We'll see...

I can't wait for the reveal. Really excited for this one.

38096001.jpg

Wow, this oozes sexiness. If the face lives up to what we're being shown so far, and I have a hunch it will, this will be THE Marvel/DC female piece.

I'm a Marvel guy, and yet... Suffice to say, I only meant to buy the Bats and the Supes PF, the eventual Catwoman PF, the Hulk Maquette, the foreseeable Daredevil PF and hopefully, some day, some new 1:4 Cap and Thor releases, and be done with it.

BUT, who can resist such a gorgeous piece? That's a bad omen for my wallet.

The key to this piece will be the paint. There's a lot of ivy running down her legs in a dark green over a pale skin. The ivy needs to appear to sit on top. If there's overlap in the paint this piece will look poorly done. The pic released that shows her thigh tells me the paint may have this problem. If not I'm picking this one up.

Absolutely. I shudder to think that her legs might pull a Psylocke PF on us. :eek:

:(this looks great but I can't afford them all.

Do what I do and go to bed each night praying that by pure chance someone will accidentally mail you all of these awesome 1/4 scale statues for free.

In all seriousness the teaser shots for this piece look fantastic. I love the pose they chose and it really makes me want to get her. Perhaps the Batman license can be the start of my 1/4 statue collecting. The Joker is really good too though I'm not a huge fan of the face. It's a perfect face, but they went for a much more exaggerated Joker style, which seems to be popular these days I suppose.

Or do what I do, PO them, one on flex here, one waiting until the order completes there, one with Sideshow reward points there. That way you pay one off slowly, while saving for the one that will be full price and the last one you get money off. :)

Thats a pretty good idea still not sure I can afford all the ones I want but food for thought none the less.

Do what I do and go to bed each night praying that by pure chance someone will accidentally mail you all of these awesome 1/4 scale statues for free.

In all seriousness the teaser shots for this piece look fantastic. I love the pose they chose and it really makes me want to get her. Perhaps the Batman license can be the start of my 1/4 statue collecting. The Joker is really good too though I'm not a huge fan of the face. It's a perfect face, but they went for a much more exaggerated Joker style, which seems to be popular these days I suppose.

Agree Joker is gonna be awesome.

Back