Statue Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator 2 City Hunter 1:4 Maquette. BACK UP FOR PO.

So I've been looking at this on the Sideshow website and am thinking of pulling the trigger. I have no Predators in my collection but wanted to add one-I also like the Urban Design over the Jungle design of the original. The video from Comic Con '13 has sold me even more on it. I apologize if this was answered, but I don't want to go back through the multiple pages of this thread-did Sideshow give any reason why they initially cancelled it?

So I've been looking at this on the Sideshow website and am thinking of pulling the trigger. I have no Predators in my collection but wanted to add one-I also like the Urban Design over the Jungle design of the original. The video from Comic Con '13 has sold me even more on it. I apologize if this was answered, but I don't want to go back through the multiple pages of this thread-did Sideshow give any reason why they initially cancelled it?
They said that the factory wasn't doing a very good job with it.

And one picture went around from production where it had extreme leaning from the getgo, which may have been the issue but I don't think they ever said for sure what it is.

Just for the fun of it...

52daf1cbe3e8a181f7ec2b84b393f3aa.jpeg

That is the Predator 2 Drunk Variant Edition. I think it is already waitlisted...:wink1:

Who cares...that pic is old and doesn't even matter

Those of us who paid all but one flex for it and then had it cancelled? Those of us who are considering re-ordering and don't want to see anything that bad on a $1600 statue maybe??

Who cares...that pic is old and doesn't even matter
I think everyone who had $1200 invested in this and wasn't a delusional Sideshow fanboy cared.

Some people never get tired to make fools out of themselves, huh.

space ace was asking. I'm pretty sure he cared.

Thanks-looking over the threads, it appears this piece is receiving a lot of grief due to Sideshow cancelling and then putting it up again with a higher ES. I'm not a Predator expert, so I can't point out any inaccuracies-I just think the statue looks amazing in the photos and videos I watched. In terms of the old "lean" picture, it is concerning but unfortunately I think there is potential risk with any statue or toy-there are some pictures floating around of the comic Superman PF leaning due to the cape being too heavy, the Hot Toys ED 209 rotting dome syndrome, Cinemaquette Alien lean problem, etc. It sucks that this happens especially when spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on collectibles. Also realize that SSC has been receiving a lot of recent negativity due to bad QC and shoddy workmanship (I'm somewhat guilty of being in this camp)-they have some new competition on the block and I am hoping that makes them re-evaluate their organization-I don't own the LOBO PF, but from every indication SSC hit a home run with it. Hopefully this will be the new standard for their product again.

Sideshow have their fair share of stunning statues. Unfortunately they still have stinkers also.

They have to be judged release by release. Yeah Lobo looks great but the IP was released shortly before that.
Totally depends on the quality of the factory used.

Here you go Space ace, you can make your own mind up ;) Also, the spear is pretty small and the unmasked head doesn't have quills. It's a great looking statue apart from the head and dreads.

Vm7i75L.jpg

Any chance they will tweak the helmet? Hate the way it looks now. Totally wrong.

Back