Predator: Badlands (November 7th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool discussion going on her.

My take is that no Predator movie will ever surpass the first one due to many reasons, but the main one is the suspense about knowing what is the being that is hunting them. After that, any other Predator movie we know what they are.

Now, Predator 2 for me, is better than Prey. Prey is a good movie because it just follows the same formula as the first 3. But what I did not like or got into, i the Predator being defeated in an era where technology was so dated. Does not matter he startegy or whatever. Even Batman got whooped by a Pred and had to rely on technology to be on par. And yet they have a Native girl outsmart and beat him?

I kinda of stopped looking for these films to "top each other" decades ago. I just take them for what they are (or aren't, in some cases) and forget about them pretty quickly.

I kinda of stopped looking for these films to "top each other" decades ago. I just take them for what they are (or aren't, in some cases) and forget about them pretty quickly.
Exactly why they shouldn’t exist.

Probably. But it's hard to imagine a world without a new Predator or Alien film every 5 or 10 yrs I guess. Sigh.

Last edited:
Probably. But it's hard to imagine a world without a new Predator or Alien film every 5 or 20 yrs I guess. Sigh.
The only way to make another good one,
of either, is to forget about the monsters,
forget about gender and storytelling that’s far too similar to every other active project in Hollywood
the past ten years or so.

Focus on set design and character development.
Put your characters through hell, cast actors that can express genuine emotion on screen, light your monsters in sublime yet subtle ways. If your characters don’t go through hell on earth, why root for them? Why care at all to see what happens to each as they get picked off? You should feel genuine emotion to each crew member that succumbs to the monsters, whether that be good or bad, not indifference.

Hmmm not sure how I feel about that. Depends entirely on execution and what "non human" means in this context.
If it's just guys with blue face paint and bumps on their heads ala Star Trek/Star Wars that's a big no from me.
If it's proper alien life forms then yeah maybe.
In any case, my previous post stands, they're going to have to win me over with great, engaging, trailers that make me want to watch it.
might be like avatar. alien face prosthetics because of the company they hired for the effects
alien face prosthetics

Perhaps Androids, would be an interesting way to reconnect the two franchises again.

Back