Predator: Badlands (November 7th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really disagreeing with your point, but I say the main reason no other predator movie will compare is that the original was peak john mctiernan. He was in God mode making that, die Hard, and red October.
I agree that the movie is very well done. But the feeling of wondering what is the Predator and then finally seeing it is a cool looking Alien with advanced weaponry hunting for trophies just because it is part of their culture will not be able to be replicated ever again. And any other Predator movie after that will never be on that level no matter how good the script is.

I would say that the only thing that might feel refreshing is the Predator homeworld. Granted, we did see a small glimpse in AVPR, but knowing more of their culture and maybe throw female Preds...

The first Pred felt like and action version The Thing.

I agree that the movie is very well done. But the feeling of wondering what is the Predator and then finally seeing it is a cool looking Alien with advanced weaponry hunting for trophies just because it is part of their culture will not be able to be replicated ever again. And any other Predator movie after that will never be on that level no matter how good the script is.

I would say that the only thing that might feel refreshing is the Predator homeworld. Granted, we did see a small glimpse in AVPR, but knowing more of their culture and maybe throw female Preds...
All true and I wouldn't mind seeing more of the Predator homeworld either, provided they make it weird and leave plenty of mystery. Their world shouldn't make immediate sense to us beyond the hunting culture aspect. Part of the fun of the first film is figuring out what makes the creature tick.

As for female Predators, I don't think it's a good idea for two reasons. One, it replaces mystery with a sexual binary we're already very familiar with here in Earth. Two, if they look anything like what fan art has depicted over the last two decades (Predators with curves), it's even more unoriginal.

I used to want a homeworld Predator film but it's become increasingly obvious at least to me, that it's too late for that to happen at this point.

Look at the state of filmmaking today. Be it the writers, producers, directors, studio interventions, and lack of overall talent within the industry.

This would be another unremarkable let down. A amazing idea for a film that fans would love to see play out on screen, only to be wasted.

Let them keep pumping out mediocre Predator Hunt films. Leave the Homeworld idea alone until the film industry matures again, if ever. I'd really be super pissed to see a wasted effort on that particular film/story.

Back