Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Wonder Woman on Horseback

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wonder why they decided to do this in 1/3 scale? Had they done this in 1/4 scale it would still have been a massive dynamic piece. It would have been more affordable for most. More people would be willing to make space for it and they would have sold a thousand of them easily. I mean, if they thought wow this would be really special in 1/3 scale then why stop there and not say wow this would be Really Special in 1/2 scale or 1 to 1 scale!

- Prime1 probably doesn't have the license to have it done in 1/4 scale
- If this is already $3500 @ 1/3 scale, that means this might be around $6500-7k if it was in 1/2 scale (considering that their existing 1/2 pieces are twice the price of their 1/3 pieces, prior to this WWOH of course). That's just around $3000 shy of the usual 1/1 scale pieces from other brands, so now ask how much this could have cost if it were lifesize. Might as well buy a real horse :lol

EDIT: I stand corrected -- Most lifesize figures from Sideshow and even the 2 life-size BvS Batmen Hot Toys released are *just* between $7500-8900. So that's way below a $3k difference if WWOH were in 1/2 scale with a tag of $6.5-7k.

I really wonder why they decided to do this in 1/3 scale? Had they done this in 1/4 scale it would still have been a massive dynamic piece. It would have been more affordable for most. More people would be willing to make space for it and they would have sold a thousand of them easily. I mean, if they thought wow this would be really special in 1/3 scale then why stop there and not say wow this would be Really Special in 1/2 scale or 1 to 1 scale!

Why does this get asked in every 1/3 thread?

Why does this get asked in every 1/3 thread?

I know, you would think it was obvious by now.

But I guess there are a lot of collectors that for whatever reason don't know, that it is Sideshow Collectibles that has a stranglehold on the various licences required to produce 1/4 scale pieces. And only by partnership were Prime 1 able to produce the 1/4 Marvel/DC pieces that they're doing at the moment. And I'm guessing Sideshow takes a bigger cut then when they're only acting as distributor. And/or their 1/4 pieces are covered by specific limited licences.

And given that Prime 1's scale base is pretty much 1/3 at the moment, why shouldn't they produce this piece in 1/3. I know most collectors here believe that Prime 1 will have trouble selling all 500 pieces, but I'm not too sure about that myself.

I think they'll eventually sell out the 500 but it won't be a quick sellout by any means. If this was PCS I would say the initial slow sales would cause this piece to get canceled like their Ursus from POTA. But Prime 1 seems to have big bucks and I would think they can weather out a slow mover.

I think they'll eventually sell out the 500 but it won't be a quick sellout by any means. If this was PCS I would say the initial slow sales would cause this piece to get canceled like their Ursus from POTA. But Prime 1 seems to have big bucks and I would think they can weather out a slow mover.

I think they will drop the ES on this one before they cancel it.

I think there are a lot of rich collectors who saw the Wonder Woman movie and really liked it, however does it mean this piece will sell? Sideshow and others end up shifting their half scale statues so I don't see why not. Plus prime 1 aren't aiming this at the average collector. The average Joe isn't meant to look at this and think, reasonable price, I have room to display this!

Personally I'll be getting the 1/10 iron studios version as it's more my style

The license? :dunno

I know, you would think it was obvious by now.

But I guess there are a lot of collectors that for whatever reason don't know, that it is Sideshow Collectibles that has a stranglehold on the various licences required to produce 1/4 scale pieces. And only by partnership were Prime 1 able to produce the 1/4 Marvel/DC pieces that they're doing at the moment. And I'm guessing Sideshow takes a bigger cut then when they're only acting as distributor. And/or their 1/4 pieces are covered by specific limited licences.

And given that Prime 1's scale base is pretty much 1/3 at the moment, why shouldn't they produce this piece in 1/3. I know most collectors here believe that Prime 1 will have trouble selling all 500 pieces, but I'm not too sure about that myself.

It's probably the same people that thought Thanos would sit around forever :lol

I bet they don't unless they discount it quite a bit or cut the run short.

Or those willing to forgo other statues for a year.

In just the past year I've spent way too much on pieces which I could probably live without.

I agree with spending too much on pieces i could live with out and that one statue a year may be a better option, but i disagree this is the statue to blow your load on, its not worth the money only wonder woman is sculpted well, the horse is trash and to pay over 2k for it is ridiculous, unless you're stinking rich like Johnny Depp and dont mind just flushing your money down the toilet

I agree with spending too much on pieces i could live with out and that one statue a year may be a better option, but i disagree this is the statue to blow your load on, its not worth the money only wonder woman is sculpted well, the horse is trash and to pay over 2k for it is ridiculous, unless you're stinking rich like Johnny Depp and dont mind just flushing your money down the toilet

You've made a few comments regarding how the horse is badly sculpted (or worse), and as I have no idea about such things I'll have to take your word for it.

The hair on the horse should have been sculpted. That's my only critique.

Agreed. A sculpted mane would've matched the motion depicted on WW's hair. Right now the mane looks flat and doesn't show the same dynamics as the statue.

Back