QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope QMX is looking at this thread and realizing they made a mistake. They have the better sculpt in hand and can produce them. If they are so sure that this new sculpt is the one they prefer, then they should sell it separately and see how many people really want it.

I sure hope QMX is looking at this thread and realizing they made a mistake. They have the better sculpt in hand and can produce them. If they are so sure that this new sculpt is the one they prefer, then they should sell it separately and see how many people really want it.

Agreed. Offering different - alternative sculpts (for all actually) is a great idea ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I doubt it. Like usual they probably think it's just a handful of ultra-nitpicky fans who don't represent most collectors out there, and we can be safely ignored. :lol

"Put it there, put it there!"
Poor Scotty, against Kirk and Spock combined he has no chance!

I won 1st place in the Sixth Scale Universe April competition "Fun & Games"!

Game Twitter.jpg

I'm torn.
On the one hand, I want to buy it because I love Sulu and want to support the line (hopefully encourage QMX to produce more characters from other series... Like Seven, Sisko, Dax, Data, Worf, EMH, etc.)

On the other hand, the controversial head sculpt makes me think this might sit with retailers for a while, then end up getting discounted and saving me some money (like how I got my Khan).

Hmmmm

Normally that would be a safe bet, but with the smaller production runs they're doing now it's kinda hard to say. I'm not sure I'd want to take the chance myself.

If it's a character you can live without though, then I'd probably wait and see if a discount comes along. Which is what I'll likely do with some of the VOY and ENT figures if they ever get made.

I keep looking at these pictures hoping that the new head sculpt is going to grow on me. It's just not happening. We should have gotten the badass helmsmen of the Enterprise and instead we get a guy that looks like he's gonna give Chekov a kiss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sadly the new Sulu looks like Joker
with the odd smile and It just
doesn’t cut it

It is a pity the prototype Sulu Head was
changed. Man, I hope the TWOK
(whenever that gets released )
is not going to be “tweaked “

I keep looking at these pictures hoping that the new head sculpt is going to grow on me. It's just not happening. We should have gotten the badass helmsmen of the Enterprise and instead we get a guy that looks like he's gonna give Chekov a kiss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh my....

I've already got the 5 TOS figures plus the chair but I'll not pull the trigger on this Sulu until I see it in some other collections.

I didn't like McCoy at first but was sold after seeing it on Michael Crawford's site. Having seen MC's Sulu review, I'm not sold on the puckered lips sculpt.

I've already got the 5 TOS figures plus the chair but I'll not pull the trigger on this Sulu until I see it in some other collections.

I didn't like McCoy at first but was sold after seeing it on Michael Crawford's site. Having seen MC's Sulu review, I'm not sold on the puckered lips sculpt.

Same here.

Back