Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the costume is hard to replicate, especially when making hundreds of them, but this just doesnt look that good. Feels like a custom.

I picked up the NECA 7" and QMX need to copy it's proportions for this. The puffy areas on the prototype are too small and the thin areas are too thick. I really want a 12" of the 2017 Pennywise

What's this then?

Nanjin Tam

10 August at 14:51 ·
uYWuX1Z8VUW.png

I just heard a really bad news. Nothing related to Trek. Someone stick a rod up the ass of my 1/6 venture.
I know YOU are reading this. This is a good one and it is out of my expectation. I can not say I am not impressed.

你好嘢! 的而且確高手中的更高手
1f44d.png
👍
而我不能不承認我D隊友有D低B。 大大個字寫响心口 "服"
1f44d.png
👍

Nanjin Tam You will know soon. No copy of any sort. The Chinese part is for this gentleman to see. I know he has been observing us Closely. He made a move, a good move.

Manage

· Reply · 1d

:panic:

I would have said it was any of the bigger companys but then he focuses in on a particular person. All I can think then is Howard Chan. If so, thats good news to my hears. If it's anyone else I doubt it bodes well for a better figure.

I just hope it actually gets made. I've been thinking about going custom but I would be happy to see it produced by a company.

I'd be ok if it really was Hot Toys that acquired the license, if that's what's going on. I'd just feel bad for QMX. Nanjin seems really into the work they're doing with Pennywise.

maybe its Kim at threezero he is referring to? love a HT but doubt they would abit and think Kim is more likely to be watching what QMX/nanjin does etc

It makes me wonder if QMX ever officially had the license, and this was just a bid for the rights like Sideshow tried with Blade Runner and it was all just preliminary talk. Could the licencor just revoke a contract like that in favor of a higher bid if they had already entered one with QMX? Maybe HT undercut them with a stellar prototype and demoed it behind the scenes to New Line causing the dissolving of the QMX contract.

All in all, I feel bad for Nanjin. He's so full of care and dedication to his craft that I really sympathize with the troubles he's had getting some of his figures out. Anyone have a better translation of the Chinese comment? Google translate isn't too clear.

I just want a great version of the contemporary Pennywise. Loved the movie, design and performance. If it means I build a custom, then so be it but I really want the character represented.

What's this then?

Nanjin Tam

10 August at 14:51 ·
uYWuX1Z8VUW.png

I just heard a really bad news. Nothing related to Trek. Someone stick a rod up the ass of my 1/6 venture.
I know YOU are reading this. This is a good one and it is out of my expectation. I can not say I am not impressed.

你好嘢! 的而且確高手中的更高手
1f44d.png
👍
而我不能不承認我D隊友有D低B。 大大個字寫响心口 "服"
1f44d.png
👍

Nanjin Tam You will know soon. No copy of any sort. The Chinese part is for this gentleman to see. I know he has been observing us Closely. He made a move, a good move.

Manage

· Reply · 1d

:panic:

What does this mean? :confused:

I just want a great version of the contemporary Pennywise. Loved the movie, design and performance. If it means I build a custom, then so be it but I really want the character represented.

th

Back