Quarantine Studio: Conan by John Buscema

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Quarantine Studio said:
Quarantine Studio and Conan Properties announced today July 14th, 2024, a licensing deal to bring another collectible Conan statue to market. Quarantine Studio has already produced two Conan collectible statues in previous licensing deals. It's always great to be able to revisit intellectual properties that we have worked on in the past and Conan is no different.

This go around we perused through the classic Conan comic books of the 70's and one artist stood out time and time again and that artist was John Buscema. No doubt one of the most prolific comic book artists of that era. After going through countless covers and not to mention all the interior panels to so many classic comics, we have deliberated and decided that the illustration commonly known as Conan on the log or for those who would like to go on a rabbit hunt for the illustration, Savage Sword #17 frontispiece.

Once we chose the artist and the illustration it was off to pick a 3dsculptor. When you reach out to countless sculptors and you let them in on the details of the project and they all say "you know, so and so would be ideal for this project, you know it's meant to be. Quarantine Studio will have Tony "Top Shelf" Cipriano do the 3d sculpting for the John Buscema Conan project. Tony has also offered to record the 3d sculpting process from the beginning to the very end. -Conan will be offered as a flesh tone, Faux bronze, an unpainted model kit and lastly a limited run of real bronze works of art. If you have never had the opportunity to own a real bronze work of art, there's just something about picking up a real bronze statue and feeling the absurd weight difference and also understanding the hefty process of creating a bronze statue by hand. Pyrology Foundry & Studio will take on the task of creating the real bronze limited statues. Stay tune for teasers and additional info down the road on this Cromtastic project"

They have my attention.

ssoc17p2.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be interested to see this come to fruition. I'm pretty happy with my Conan Rage of the Undying PF being my Conan representation in the collection, however I love seeing different iterations.

Underrated character and universe!

I literally grew up reading “Savage Tales”, “The Savage Sword of Conan” and the normal comic book “Conan the Barbarian”. The early comics were illustrated by Barry Smith for the first 24 issues. I sold them all a couple years ago after keeping them in plastic sleeves for years and years. It was Grand growing up reading about the Hyperion age especially reading the wonderfully illustrated comic book and magazines. Some of those first issues were gold. #3 Conan comic was extremely rare and sold for as much as #1. The above image drawn by John Buscema was one of my favorite images of all times. This thread sure stirred up some grand memories for me. Thanks Guys! 😎👍🏼

Gorgeous Buscema illustration, curious to see how it translates to 3D.
Definitely shades of Rodin's Thinker, only add a sword, and center weight shifted to it, and likely not so much contempalting his existential being, and more about - crushing his enemies, etc... :wink1:
91p775.jpg

Jusko after Buscema
af5ljs674cd11.jpg

843_SGF130.jpg

Edit: Found in miniature.
Shows they got to get the angle of the sword, and shift his upper weight above it, for it to read right.
cause here it looks off, like the sword is just dangling, not that he's leaning into it.

Last edited:
Back