Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denethor is certainly a figure that is missing from my TTT tribute, but make Haldir first for Random hero’s sake, he’s waited long enough!
And here i was thinking the line was dead and buried, so I stopped sleeping on Faramir and finally pulled the trigger, oh well, sounds like there will be more characters to add to the list in the not to distant future so better get the ‘old wants’ checked off first.
Thanks for the detective work Glenn!

Denethor is certainly a figure that is missing from my TTT tribute, but make Haldir first for Random hero’s sake, he’s waited long enough!
And here i was thinking the line was dead and buried, so I stopped sleeping on Faramir and finally pulled the trigger, oh well, sounds like there will be more characters to add to the list in the not to distant future so better get the ‘old wants’ checked off first.
Thanks for the detective work Glenn!
My pleasure.

Massive thanks to George though for his replies.
Looking forward to seeing what is revealed in the coming months!

Inart already confirmed Frodo and Sam...unless Asmus decides to retool them from the ground up with new bodies that are scale accurate I don't think that's wise.

At least the elves are coming still.

Middle earth line feels like a talk around for more 8" statues, Qbitz, and "we repainted and rehaired this and were 'blown away'" sculpts

I would keep hopes very low.

Asmus needs to restructure their focus before they get back in the pool: B tier characters and army builders, accessories and displays. Learn from Sideshow and what happened when HT came in with the Star Wars license. Don't make the mistake they did, fill the vacuum that will exist.

What I would like is to see an updated Gimli sculpt with the new glued beard and a solid PVC sculpt.

The only problem with InArt, is who has not only the money for $400-500 Hobbits, but who has that much time left on this rock to wait for them to get these figures out? I'm concerned that I'll be dead before they even get Aragorn out at this point.
People may laugh but that’s a genuine concern for some of us. I’m 56 but my family history is not good and my lifestyle sure doesn’t offset my genes which is my fault. I’m sure I’ll see Aragorn but Legolas? Gimli if they do him? Young people be like, take all the time you need! *****, some of us ain’t got a whole lotta time left.

People may laugh but that’s a genuine concern for some of us. I’m 56 but my family history is not good and my lifestyle sure doesn’t offset my genes which is my fault. I’m sure I’ll see Aragorn but Legolas? Gimli if they do him? Young people be like, take all the time you need! *****, some of us ain’t got a whole lotta time left.
I’m with you, absolutely. I’m only a couple years older, and my health has taken a nose dive over the last 15 years (currently on my 6 month of chemo), and with all my other medical problems combined, I don’t have another 20 years to wait for these damn things. I should honestly be looking more at selling the crap I have off just so I don’t leave a massive pile of **** behind for my wife to deal with it (though she jokes… sort of… that she’ll either get a big dumpster, or start a bonfire, with all of it).

I’m with you, absolutely. I’m only a couple years older, and my health has taken a nose dive over the last 15 years (currently on my 6 month of chemo), and with all my other medical problems combined, I don’t have another 20 years to wait for these damn things. I should honestly be looking more at selling the crap I have off just so I don’t leave a massive pile of **** behind for my wife to deal with it (though she jokes… sort of… that she’ll either get a big dumpster, or start a bonfire, with all of it).
Sorry to hear. Keep fighting and **** cancer.

My grandpa and aunty who were very close to mee were taken by cancer, and my sister was diagnosised to have breast cancer,
just wanna say I understand how it is, please be strong !
Medical science gets better day by day, we will concquer this XXXX, be strong.

We have all getting people's opinon on collecting toys, adults or not, it is a hobby people don't understand.
but the joy of hauling a figure, the excitment of unboxing, and the fullfillness of playing with it.
to me, it is the best.

Be strong, my friend, and wish you keep enjoying the collecting like we all do.

Last edited:
Oh man, sorry to hear all the health issues you’re having. :(
It’s tough going.
I too have had mine, been off work with illness since 2020 and I almost died last September and hopefully now on the road to recovery. Started rehabbing my lungs and body this week and it’s been really tough.

Sorry to hear about all the health issues. Praying for you guys hang in there!

Totally with you Stryker on the whole what to do with the figures when I am gone. I am a little ways behind you but I have had enough happen in my life to have those thoughts and realizations. My wife definitely won’t know what to do with it all so I am hoping my kids either want some of the figures or are smart enough to figure out how to sell them.

Back