Rainman's Projects... ^L^

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_6024.jpg

IMG_6025.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6028.jpg

Sweet Magnus I'll come your house next weekend to check it out first hand "12" figures forever"

I dunno, EC.

When I saw pics of the GBU figures, they all look really2 good, especially tuco. Those 'sweat' on his sculpt is unreal, especially at 1/6 scale! It kinda has that handmade, art figure sort of thing. Even from just by looking at the photographs.

But this one just doesnt have that feel to it. I hope it'll be different once I have it on hand.

the missus was looking at the pics earlier, and she thought that it doesnt look quite like BP :banghead

Although it might be a bit early, but I think I might just stop after this figure, and not go through with the rest of the fighter1999 series. I'll just use the money to get a tumbler or something :monkey1

I was thinking the same thing before. Maybe Zuno can clear that up.:confused:

I just checked on the e-ureka site and it says:

Item No. rainman091215001

RAINMAN LIMITED EDITION "FIGHTER 1999"
ONLY 20 WORLD WIDE
Painted Head Sculpt set(Painted by Rainman) +
Painted Clothing Full set +
Body(hot toys) +
Serial number with Rainman's autograph
+ A BONUS SPECIAL ITEM

I dunno mate :confused::confused:

just found another certificate from his other series.

Heres a certificate of one of the GBU fig:

P1010318.jpg

its the same certificate, so its possible that its a typo or somethin.

I dunno, EC.

well now you're griping about likeness and not looking like an "art figure" in addition to the fit of the clothing before you even have it in hand?

The fit and drape of a piece obviously can look differently just out of the box or carefully adjusted, water treated, etc. It literally took me hours to get the previous releases looking to my satisfaction.

Paint tones and such can look so different in photos. And I'll wait to see it in hand but I think the likeness is really solid and captures Pitt as Tyler well. HT's for instance looks like Pitt sure but also looks goofy and lacks on swagger.

And I've seen good pics of Rainman's Gunmen and bad pics alike. I wouldn't really judge from 1 person's quickie photos. There are minor issues I have with each figure, it's to be expected to some extent, but all in all they are fantastic and I wouldn't change them anymore than I would think about adding eyebrows to the Mona Lisa.

well now you're griping about likeness and not looking like an "art figure" in addition to the fit of the clothing before you even have it in hand?

The fit and drape of a piece obviously can look differently just out of the box or carefully adjusted, water treated, etc. It literally took me hours to get the previous releases looking to my satisfaction.

Paint tones and such can look so different in photos. And I'll wait to see it in hand but I think the likeness is really solid and captures Pitt as Tyler well. HT's for instance looks like Pitt sure but also looks goofy and lacks on swagger.

And I've seen good pics of Rainman's Gunmen and bad pics alike. I wouldn't really judge from 1 person's quickie photos. There are minor issues I have with each figure, it's to be expected to some extent, but all in all they are fantastic and I wouldn't change them anymore than I would think about adding eyebrows to the Mona Lisa.

all the pics I saw of his previous gunman were top notch actually.

Not one pic I saw that was poor or didnt look good.

I didnt have to have it on hand to appreciate the quality and the effort put in this figures. But this one just didnt 'wow' me for some reason.

That said, I do appreciate your feedback mate. I hope it'll change my opinion once I have this figure on hand. I guess I just need a veteran on rainman figs to convince me, thats all :D

I've seen bad pics that did not represent how they look in hand and made them look subpar but won't call them out here. :monkey3

Getting exactly all the joints posed naturally and the clothing adjusted just so can be tricky. Blondie's poncho and Angel Eyes' scarf were especially frustrating. :D

But I agree that he's lighter on accessories than the Gunmen were, and that may lessen the 'wow'.

Last edited:
i futz my gunmen for 2 days before they looked satisfactory.

his wow is still definitely there... howmany figures do you have that includes so many rings?

as for the certificates... its just how it is... all my gunmen has the paint listed by df studios even the ones done by rainman. my tuco was defnitely done by rainman

I agree with the lack of accessories compared to the gunman.

Also, does anyone else notice that tlyler's shirt was supposed to hit and end right on the hips, this ones a bit too long, that's why it needs to be tucked, in order to look screen accurate. Maybe I'm nitpicking and am in the minority here.

got it ~ but same question~ painting by DF studio?

if it is not painting by rainman~i'm very disappointed:banghead

some new pics from toy-world! lookin gooodd~

4315546762_96003a69b5.jpg

4315546776_e0faaa069e.jpg

4314810423_c9c202a74c.jpg

4314810539_4cbb8e87ce.jpg

CREDIT : DAVINCISMAN toy-world.com.hk

I remembered him being an ebay seller, so I guess he'll put these up soon ebay. Be interesting to see how much this one go for.

Back