RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Moonrise Kingdom: 3/10-I got really,REALLY bored watching this.To the point that I started to get irritated.

Another Earth:6/10-A pretty interesting one

Zero Dark Thirty- 8/10

Good movie. I really enjoyed it. Especially the last act. Pretty intense stuff.

I really like procedural movies like this.

Looper - 8/10. Second viewing was better than the first, since I picked up on more little details. There's still a couple minor issues with the time line:

who shot the rainmaker's mom the first time through the timeline, when young Bruce killed himself as he was expected to? I suppose we can assume someone did...but that leaves a bit of a hole. Also, why did old Bruce assume killing the rainmaker would change his fate? The Rainmaker didn't start the time travel stuff, and he didn't start the process of closing the loops. He wasn't even closing Bruce's loop early, so why would he assume it would be different if Rainmaker didn't exist?

Other than those two issues, I really do love the movie.

Dredd 8/10. What a fantastic sounding movie - an excellent example of a real 7.1 track, with a tremendously deep sound field. Great mix too - nothing overpowered anything else. And yea, the story was solid as well, and of coure, blew the old version away.

Promethues - 6/10. The few action/horror sequences were good, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get out of this. If I get it straight...

the engineers created us, then for some reason want to destroy us using the dna altering weapon they've developed? Seems like there's lots of easier - and better - ways to destroy a species. Especially since juicing us with the weapon could easily create creatures that would be far worse than us. As a 'weapon', the alien dna crud seems ridiculous - what am I missing?

Was this flick intended as a trilogy of some sort?

City Slickers - A good buddy action/comedy if you want to kill a few hours. - 6/10

Dredd: 6.8/10

Acting was rough around the edges, the "instagram" filter was annoying at times and had some super cheese moments. Other than that, some cool action and the slow-mo parts were damn cool.

Back