RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stand By Me - 8/10

Wow, I reckon it's been at least 20 years since I watched this and so much had burned into my brain. Fantastic performances from the young cast, especially River Phoenix. Damn, what a loss. Richard Dreyfuss, Kiefer Sutherland and John Cusack in this too!
Really emotional stuff as well as some great comedic moments. Totally hits harder as an older person now in my 50's.
Heartily recommend a watch/rewatch. Leeches, blueberry pie, Chopper, Goofy. So good.
The kids really enjoyed it too. :clap

Butcher , Baker, Nightmare Maker - 1 out of 10

Blah. Thought I was getting a slasher and instead we got a poorly made thriller with messages about bigotry and how to overact lol

The Bikeriders - 9/10

I went not knowing anything about the movie other than bikes and Austin Butler and Tom Hardy in it. I haven't been so satisfied with a movie in a long time. A good story (with some headscratchers, or maybe it was just my ADHD) and some solid acting. Now I wouldn't be opposed to Johnny and Benny figures lol

A Million Ways to Die in the West - - 6/10

Finally gave this a try and it actually wasn't too bad and had some decent laughs (and it was nice to see Charlize Theron laughing and having fun on screen for once). But not sure Seth was the best choice to lead the movie, and I feel like a Steve Carrell or Wil Farrell would have been able to elevate the comedy a bit more and make you care about the character.
This is definitely one of my guilty pleasures. But I totally agree with you about Seth not being the best choice for the lead. It's like he's trying too hard making a lot of scenes feel forced.

Inside Out 2: 7/10

It was really good. When I compare this to Garfield, which I saw a few weeks prior, it's like Citizen Kane. Smart, funny, feels pretty authentic to the experience of growing up. As a father to a teen and pre-teen it did strike chords and make me a bit emotional at times. One quibble I had was that Envy didn't seem necessary to the story at all. Even the cameos from Nostalgia seemed more relevant to the story.

Con Air: 7/10

Haven't seen it send it was first released. An objectively bad movie in most ways. Panders to the lowest common denominator, and every character is 1 dimensional. The only real character development is miles O'Brien deciding not to blow up a plane which somehow completely changes and redeems his character, and buscemi's Hannibal lite who decides not to murder a small girl which is supposed to make the audience like and cheer for him. Wwf stuff. Things constantly explode for little to no reason. And the slow mo shots and music... This is a stupid movie.

But it is damn fun. I really enjoyed seeing these actors hamming it up. This movie is a kind of palate cleanser if you typically go for well written and carefully crafted movies. This is not that. Maybe I'll watch it again in another 25 years.

Con Air: 7/10

Haven't seen it send it was first released. An objectively bad movie in most ways. Panders to the lowest common denominator, and every character is 1 dimensional. The only real character development is miles O'Brien deciding not to blow up a plane which somehow completely changes and redeems his character, and buscemi's Hannibal lite who decides not to murder a small girl which is supposed to make the audience like and cheer for him. Wwf stuff. Things constantly explode for little to no reason. And the slow mo shots and music... This is a stupid movie.

But it is damn fun. I really enjoyed seeing these actors hamming it up. This movie is a kind of palate cleanser if you typically go for well written and carefully crafted movies. This is not that. Maybe I'll watch it again in another 25 years.
The weakest of Nick Cage's action trilogy of the late 90s.

1) The Rock
2) Face/Off
3) Con Air

The Legend of Ben Hall. 8/10.

It is always refreshing when you watch a picture not expecting too much and it delivers. This picture did so for me and may for you too.

Directed by Matthew Holmes , he should in my view direct a Western.

Give it a look, you everything to gain.

Last edited:
The weakest of Nick Cage's action trilogy of the late 90s.

1) The Rock
2) Face/Off
3) Con Air
I have been meaning to re-watch the Rock for awhile now, after I read somewhere that Sean Connery is essentially reprising James Bond in that movie, which never crossed my mind when I initially saw it. Another one I haven't seen since it was at the theater, I think. I saw Face/Off again a few years back but it's also time for a re-watch. I always loved Cage in things like Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, and Wild At Heart, but am now beginning to appreciate his performance in lesser movies because he does go all out, subtlety and good taste be damned.

In A Violent Nature - 6.5/10

Unique concept that turns out to ultimately be pretty boring overall. Excellent kills though. Some of them reminded me of Mortal Kombat fatalities.

It basically answers the question, "What does the killer in a horror movie do when they're offscreen?".

Back