READFIVE - Star Wars Toy Guide | Kenner Action Figures | Volume One | 1977-1985

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1977_StarWars

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
WOW - can I just say how AMAZING this book is as a collector of Original Trilogy SW action figures!!! I have been on the hunt for this book for quite awhile, they go for about $400+ on ebay. Which I've almost bought a few times, but after all of the expensive college textbooks I was forced to buy, I still struggle to spend $400 on a BOOK! If you don't know about this book, definitely check it out -

https://www.readfive.co.uk/our-book

I think it's THE MOST DETAILED AND THOROUGH BOOK about vintage SW action figures I have ever seen, truly incredible! I'm speechless to think what went into the research, designing and effort to make this happen. It was truly a passion project for the 2-authors/publishers and well thought out from a collector's perspective. They wrote, photographed, designed & self-published this using Kickstarter! I missed the original print runs, but I was on their "wait list" for almost a year, hoping they might do another printing of the book. About 3-weeks ago, I got an e-mail saying they found a couple of cases in the back of their office, from the original run. Since I was on their "wait list" I was being notified of the day and time these limited supply of found books would be going up for sale (at the original price) on their website, unannounced to the public, and that I was welcome to purchase one.

I felt like it was the 80's again waiting in line at Ticketmaster for a concert to go on sale. A la The Big Bang Theory, <REFRESH> <REFRESH> <REFRESH> and moments later the item was posted to their website on the day they said it would. I GOT ONE! My 2-buddies, did not :(

A little while later, I received a shipping confirmation email, thanking me for my purchase and stating the books sold out in 60-seconds!

And yes, the acrylic display case this will live in has now been ordered :)

Happy collecting!

Attachments

• IMG_7655.jpg
    IMG_7655.jpg
    662.4 KB
  • IMG_7656.jpg
    IMG_7656.jpg
    362.7 KB
Back