1/6 Hot Toys - MMS752AE The Joker (Batman Imposter Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your assessment is fair, the sculpt isn't perfect for sure, the hairline is slightly off, as you mentioned, and it's a bit over-textured. The texture comes across stronger as you're zoomed in on the camera and such, However, when seen in person, I was really impressed by it. My photos might not be the best, but I can see Heath from almost every angle.

Under good lighting, with the right pose and head tilt, the sculpt really shines, in my opinion. I recently showed it to a non-collector, and they were blown away by its realism. While it might be dethroned by JND’s upcoming version or a possible Inart 2.0, and of course, there are always custom options, though they're costly and come with long wait times. I truly believe this is the best mass-produced Joker head on the market right now. I prefer collecting the best available, and at this moment, I think this is probably it.
I can’t help myself. As mich as I want to like it, this is simply not a good sculpt anymore. Hairline, expression, texture… it’s just not good. Personally I feel remembered to the very first Joker HT sculpt but not in a positive way. People were trying to glorify that sculpt aswell, just to hide it under a wig and a mask, when the nurse set came out. Not saying this one needs a wig, but a mask wouldn’t hurt.
Hope noone feels offended as this is not my intention.

First impressions… wow, I love it! Crazy detail in the face… I personally think this is a cool figure that pops on the shelf. So far my only complaint is trying to adjust the eyes… I thought it was difficult on a regular figure but it’s even more difficult on this artisan. The eyes are very hard to reach and trying to pull that piece of the head off creates a lot of anxiety. With how this turned out I have no doubts artisan Anakin will deliver.

IMG_8526.jpeg

IMG_8524.jpeg

IMG_8520.jpeg

IMG_8516.jpeg

IMG_8527.jpeg

First impressions… wow, I love it! Crazy detail in the face… I personally think this is a cool figure that pops on the shelf. So far my only complaint is trying to adjust the eyes… I thought it was difficult on a regular figure but it’s even more difficult on this artisan. The eyes are very hard to reach and trying to pull that piece of the head off creates a lot of anxiety. With how this turned out I have no doubts artisan Anakin will deliver.

View attachment 732171
View attachment 732172
View attachment 732173
View attachment 732174
View attachment 732175
Wow! Thanks for sharing. I didn’t get this version, but kinda regretting it lol. This does make me more excited for the purple coat release! Just sold my InArt 2-pk. I think the paint apps on HT really make it pop!

Here's some quick shots under the lights with a 50mm lens.

I was a bit reluctant to get this figure but I'm actually glad I did. He might be a silly kitbash figure but he really stands out in the collection. he's fun. Friends I've had at the house go right over to him and go "yoooooooooo! That's dope man! He pops! Look at those colors! That sculpt is sick!".

My original plan was to swap heads with the non artisan edition when it comes out and sell this one off with the plastic head sculpt but I think I might keep this guy and swap head sculpts back and forth.

biggest complaint - The eye sockets are extremely difficult to get to with this design, I hate it. Inart's system is 10x better and moving the eyes is disaster. The compartment is tiny and dark. It's quite hard to get a good look at what you're doing in there especially if you're trying to use the eye peg tool. I found it impossible to use so I'm forced to use my pinky which is also quite difficult. They need to change make quite a bit more room or change the pegs from tiny little cups that you need to perfectly insert the tool into and maybe go for something else. Bad all around.

Studio-Session-main-230-1.jpg

Studio-Session-main-224-1.jpg

Studio-Session-main-231-1.jpg
Studio-Session-main-233-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back