Premium Format Red Sonja Premium Format Figure 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little worried. 1 the cost.
2. Anyone know anything about this issue? It looks like the hair rums through the weapon...is this an attachment point or seem or a problem local to the prototype? Maybe from it being packed up and broken down from shows?

Friend saw this at NYCC and took these pics.
da40ea8f050d6b3109f713be04a3f212.jpg
a2e5f8e8698ead37e7279f81ab26e561.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Looks like her hair is removable and the skull was chipped somehow or the hair is put on after and adhered and somebody knocked it off. I’m guessing since her ax runs through it her hair is removable.

It does look like it's not seated right. You can see the hairline just slightly floating.

I'm curious as to why they may have made the hair removable, if it is actually removable. Is it a packing/shipping issue? There's nothing that detaches other than the cloak correct?

I'm curious as to why they may have made the hair removable, if it is actually removable. Is it a packing/shipping issue? There's nothing that detaches other than the cloak correct?

Remember, it's a prototype. We don't know if the hair will be removable in the production pieces or not. The Wonder Woman PF has removable hair, but more recent pieces, like Huntress, do not.

Her arm that’s holding the axe looks to be removable at the bracer I’m guessing since the axe runs through her hair for the prototype at least all those things are removable for easy shipping otherwise the box would be huge having the axe run that far out.

Her arm that’s holding the axe looks to be removable at the bracer I’m guessing since the axe runs through her hair for the prototype at least all those things are removable for easy shipping otherwise the box would be huge having the axe run that far out.

That makes sense, that's kinda what I was thinking. She is a gorgeous piece and I look forward to having her in my collection. I love the attitude portrayed and the pose. Hope the final product turns out great. SS has been doing a really good job with the female characters lately.

That makes sense, that's kinda what I was thinking. She is a gorgeous piece and I look forward to having her in my collection. I love the attitude portrayed and the pose. Hope the final product turns out great. SS has been doing a really good job with the female characters lately.

It’s because they 3-D print the heads now and other pieces then add them to the molds. Gives them ability to make much more realistic symmetrical faces, but takes away from the art somewhat I guess.

It’s because they 3-D print the heads now and other pieces then add them to the molds. Gives them ability to make much more realistic symmetrical faces, but takes away from the art somewhat I guess.
Well if they're 3d printing them, this disappoints me since I feel I'm paying s premium for the artists behind it as their prices over the last 3 years for PF have gone from...what, 350 to 550.

Well if they're 3d printing them, this disappoints me since I feel I'm paying s premium for the artists behind it as their prices over the last 3 years for PF have gone from...what, 350 to 550.

They are still physically sculpted however some parts are 3-D printed also and added to the physical sculpt that is used to make the molds. There is a limit to what can be done by hand.

Wasn't the other Red Sonja sculpted entirely digital? What's wrong with 3d printing a sculpture?

They 3-D sculpt the prototype so the physical sculptor has something to go off of opposed to actually 3-D printing parts + physical sculpting together which is done now by most high end companies.

Wasn't the other Red Sonja sculpted entirely digital? What's wrong with 3d printing a sculpture?
Only the price IMO.

If it's just a 3d printed statue how about they just sell the plan for 100$ and I'll get it printed and painted myself? Why does their overhead get to drop with this process and materials costs yet the prices rise?

If I'm paying for a sculpted polystone statue that's what I want. I don't want something on guy did in CAD and hit ctrl+P and then asked for 550$ for.

If it's 3d printed, fine. The price and advertising better reflect that. Otherwise it's 100% kosher.

Only the price IMO.

If it's just a 3d printed statue how about they just sell the plan for 100$ and I'll get it printed and painted myself? Why does their overhead get to drop with this process and materials costs yet the prices rise?

If I'm paying for a sculpted polystone statue that's what I want. I don't want something on guy did in CAD and hit ctrl+P and then asked for 550$ for.

If it's 3d printed, fine. The price and advertising better reflect that. Otherwise it's 100% kosher.

Because they make more money. That seems to be Sideshows only concern as a company from what I’ve seen.

That's any company's main goal :lol

Only concern I said. A companies goal is to make money but you can have concerns that align you in a more moral realm. Sideshow re-sends out items they know are damaged, ive gotten two statues with other people’s zip codes on them hoping somebody will eventually keep them. There are other things they do but that’s outside the scope of topic.

Back