Action Figure Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Repainted AOU Titan Hero Hulkbuster-Updated Page31

What made the gold run? Was it still wet when you applied the clear coat? Looking forward to seeing it.

Having too much fun repainting these so I'm working on my 3rd figure now pictured below :thud: :lol

Hope to get some decent pics of my completed ones to post up tomorrow, and already have ideas for another 2 Hulkbuster repaints I'll be doing since the weather finally broke and is conducive to painting. :thud:

19612c55-d950-4606-ada4-218e063d8f4d_zpseyggrcs4.jpg

Nice! Is that ALCLAD?

fault.jpg

I used Mr Base White 1000 as primer.
But found out it's not a good idea as the paint didn't stick well.
Needed to do it again.

May I know what kind(brand) of primer should use?
Thanks!

you want something that is self etching if possible if you don't sand the whole thing prior to painting.

off question... looks like you removed the forearm armor pieces... how'd they come off? i didn't see the way they attached on mine.

you want something that is self etching if possible if you don't sand the whole thing prior to painting.

off question... looks like you removed the forearm armor pieces... how'd they come off? i didn't see the way they attached on mine.

You have to pull really, really hard:lol (they're glued on pretty good). I only took the right one off on mine to take the arm apart so I could recess the punch button and lock the fist in place. Stupid me, I re-glued it back on when I was done rather than leave it off for easier painting.:slap The glue that I used is stronger than what was on before because I can't get it off again.

I finally received my LED's and worked on my HB a little this past weekend. My original plan for lighting it isn't working out as I wanted so I might scrap that idea and just use the led bulbs as lenses for the various repulsors. I'll probably just keep the existing chest light with the sound disabled.

For the forearm armor pieces, Hasbro used glue to stick 2 pieces together.
If you wanted to separate them, needed to use your "force" to do it.
Beware, it may harm/damage the item/part.
(**sorry that my English is not so good**)

You have to pull really, really hard:lol (they're glued on pretty good). I only took the right one off on mine to take the arm apart so I could recess the punch button and lock the fist in place. Stupid me, I re-glued it back on when I was done rather than leave it off for easier painting.:slap The glue that I used is stronger than what was on before because I can't get it off again.

I finally received my LED's and worked on my HB a little this past weekend. My original plan for lighting it isn't working out as I wanted so I might scrap that idea and just use the led bulbs as lenses for the various repulsors. I'll probably just keep the existing chest light with the sound disabled.

For the forearm armor pieces, Hasbro used glue to stick 2 pieces together.
If you wanted to separate them, needed to use your "force" to do it.
Beware, it may harm/damage the item/part.
(**sorry that my English is not so good**)

thx! i gave up after pulling on it for a while... felt like i was going to cut my fingers off!

View attachment 180712

I used Mr Base White 1000 as primer.
But found out it's not a good idea as the paint didn't stick well.
Needed to do it again.

May I know what kind(brand) of primer should use?
Thanks!
Thanks for posting, good to know what products to avoid. I use Krylon brand primer 'flat', have also used 'semi' on my first which worked but I prefer the former.

Thanks for posting, good to know what products to avoid. I use Krylon brand primer 'flat', have also used 'semi' on my first which worked but I prefer the former.

Thanks for the reply.
After I clean up the old paint, I use Gaia Multi Primer and it works great.

Here is the update :
wip.jpg

Thanks for the reply.
After I clean up the old paint, I use Gaia Multi Primer and it works great.

Here is the update :

You're welcome, and thanks for the updated pic. That's interesting as that primer is really dark! I love it, and may have to give it a shot. I see you've taken him apart too, do you plan on doing an LED mod? Keep us posted! :duff

Here's some work in progress pics of my 3rd Hulkbuster (chrome) and a few pics of my 1st Hulkbuster (red and gold) that's officially done. :yess:

My 2nd Hulkbuster - the black and gold one - is completely finished. Finally. :yess: I just need to get a different color backdrop to take pics of it since black wouldn't work at all obviously. I'll add some Detolf pics as well.

Hope you enjoy. :)

Oh, and Barry I'll get you a pic of my setup. I didn't forget lol.

cfefedea-0fbc-483b-a34c-8439c20946f4_zps9koswm4e.jpg

11d74e4c-ae24-4b6d-8dde-19d5790de8ec_zpstqiu8tyw.jpg

HB20120Final201_zps6sm3h4mm.jpg

Last edited:
What do you guys do with the button on the right bicep and the extendable hand?

I tried to open up the arm to remove the spring but not able to open it. Do u guys seal it up?

You're welcome, and thanks for the updated pic. That's interesting as that primer is really dark! I love it, and may have to give it a shot. I see you've taken him apart too, do you plan on doing an LED mod? Keep us posted! :duff

Here's some work in progress pics of my 3rd Hulkbuster (chrome) and a few pics of my 1st Hulkbuster (red and gold) that's officially done. :yess:

My 2nd Hulkbuster - the black and gold one - is completely finished. Finally. :yess: I just need to get a different color backdrop to take pics of it since black wouldn't work at all obviously. I'll add some Detolf pics as well.

Hope you enjoy. :)

The Gaia Multi primer itself is transparent and I painted it black afterwards. Only spray a thin layer is good enough.

Here is the work update

wip.jpg

What do you guys do with the button on the right bicep and the extendable hand?

I tried to open up the arm to remove the spring but not able to open it. Do u guys seal it up?

I keep the button on the right bicep and the extendable hand.
After removed the screw, you need to use "force" to remove the forearm yellow part. (factory put 2 parts together with glue)
Then you can open the arm and remove the spring.

Hope can help!

The Gaia Multi primer itself is transparent and I painted it black afterwards. Only spray a thin layer is good enough.

Transparent? Oh, no likey. :lol I want to see a coat to make sure I covered everything proper haha. Thanks for clarifying though.

Looking great. After havering my first kid and being on paternity leave as well as seeing the movie I finally got some motivation to finish as well. Dropped two cans worth of paint on her yesterday and it still wasn't enough. Going to grab one more and at least the red will be done...

Back