Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8415.jpeg

Why on earth would they do a prequel to WtRC? WtRC was a box office failure, most countries weren’t even showing it nd some didn’t even bothered to show it: by its 3rd week most movie theaters weren’t even showing anything.
The world is crammed with questionable corporate choices these days and so is film. In the video game world it's an excuse to lay off a workforce or close studios: get your devs to make a game then close them down for not making you money. See: the recent closure of Tango Gameworks by owners Microsoft.. Tango being founded by one Shinji Mikami.

I can't imagine films being much different? They'll know it won't make money. For instance I'm a big fan of the 1995 animated feature Balto which, as pretty as it is, was a flop thanks to limited theatrical screenings... yet Universal still made two dreadful direct to video sequels, which also flopped.

I imagine they're hoping it'll give some return on their initial losses with WtRC? Production companies have always been at this though and it never works.

Back