RIP James Earl Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are we all.

In time, none of this will matter.

I'm sure there was once a little boy in 1378 who just loved the local puppet theater and believed there could be nothing better than that story and show. The puppets moved on strings so thin it was virtually invisible -- and it was incredible. So lifelike. All the village locals loved it. The show traveled England... became huge... everyone was talking about it.

Now... no one has any idea what I'm talking about.
Truth. Be we are already there Wor. Most of the kids I work with never have seen Star Wars.....

They care more about Internet personalities and video games.

More and more, the older I get, the more people meet that have never seen SW.

When I do meet one, it's a guarentee they share it because of a family member who is a hardcore fan.

So are we all.

I'm sure there was once a little boy in 1378 who just loved the local puppet theater and believed there could be nothing better than that story and show. The puppets moved on strings so thin it was virtually invisible -- and it was incredible. So lifelike. All the village locals loved it. The show traveled England... became huge... everyone was talking about it.

Time is fleeting, and so is our time on this Earth. I think about it daily.

Your post reminds me the time I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. A bandit had been throwing them away. Because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated - wait........

"No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them." -Ecclesiastes 1:11

"You have failed me for the last time, Admiral, and you must be punished. You will confine yourself to our Royal Suit at the Waldorf-Astoria."

On a serious note, for me, there wasn't a Vader line more impactful than "No... I am your father". My parents weren't Star Wars fans when I was a kid, but they rented the trilogy one day, and we watched it over a weekend. Being unspoiled about the series, the reveal was so shocking.

Back