RIP James Earl Jones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🥺

1726022586633.png

The Star Wars DEAD

That's sad.

It's the end of an era for the character of Vader. From this point on he will never sound the same or be played by the original actor, unless he signed some kind of deal with Disney for them to use his voice using AI. I think some actor did that recently. Maybe it was him?

That was definitely Darth Faker.
Damn bro, Rogue One?

Respect for the OG I guess.
I am pretty ok with most of the Vader we have gotten up to this point.

I actually Like OWK well about half of it. It's just another story that we tanked by miscasting and child actors. They really need to stop and think about how much screen time they give to actors under eh age of 14.

It's a train wreck for all the films that have a child actor in them.

Regardless
We lost (what was once the "face" (and unmasked voice)
Sebastian Lewis Shaw (29 May 1905 – 23 December 1994)
The body:
David Charles Prowse (1 July 1935 – 28 November 2020)
And now the voice:
James Earl Jones (January 17, 1931 – September 9, 2024)

RIP to all three*
9368t0.gif

(*yes I know there are others who "played" him in other context)

Last edited:
I love RO, you know that. But Vader looked a bit disheveled in truth. But its the one scene I would keep, which is why I cut it from my response to your post.

The OWK insult on the other hand... I saw no Vader there.
Respect.

The Star Wars DEAD

That's sad.

I initially read your post as "Star Wars is DEAD". Something that's becoming true - in a very literal sense, unfortunately.

It's a sad thought that Hamill, Ford, and Billy Dee Williams are all going up in age.

It's a sad thought that Hamill, Ford, and Billy Dee Williams are all going up in age.

So are we all.

In time, none of this will matter.

I'm sure there was once a little boy in 1378 who just loved the local puppet theater and believed there could be nothing better than that story and show. The puppets moved on strings so thin it was virtually invisible -- and it was incredible. So lifelike. All the village locals loved it. The show traveled England... became huge... everyone was talking about it.

Now... no one has any idea what I'm talking about.

Damn bro, Rogue One?

Respect for the OG I guess.
I am pretty ok with most of the Vader we have gotten up to this point.

I actually Like OWK well about half of it. It's just another story that we tanked by miscasting and child actors. They really need to stop and think about how much screen time they give to actors under eh age of 14.

It's a train wreck for all the films that have a child actor in them.

I thought the actress was a perfectly good child Leia. But it should have been no more than a cameo.

I initially read your post as "Star Wars is DEAD". Something that's becoming true - in a very literal sense, unfortunately.

They need to be carbon-frozen before we lose them all.

Back