Rogue Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice from that small pic.

I'm still undecided about wether I'll be getting this. SS is already killing my wallet with all the other announcements. :monkey1

lets just hope the finished painting exactly mimics the sketch.
and we dont once again have a sculpt based off a sketch that ends up not matching the final print... :monkey1

I think its important to remember that these statues are colaborative works of art. The sculptor, an artist in his (or her) own right, is interpreting Adam's 2 dimensional illustration into 3 dimensional space. If Adam's final print art, created AFTER the sculpt is a little different, then that's HIS work, which is bound to be somewhat different than the sculptor's work.

I like to think of it this way; if the sculpture is gorgeous, and the print is gorgeous, I don't need the two of them to be prefectly matched to one another.

I think its important to remember that these statues are colaborative works of art. The sculptor, an artist in his (or her) own right, is interpreting Adam's 2 dimensional illustration into 3 dimensional space. If Adam's final print art, created AFTER the sculpt is a little different, then that's HIS work, which is bound to be somewhat different than the sculptor's work.

I like to think of it this way; if the sculpture is gorgeous, and the print is gorgeous, I don't need the two of them to be prefectly matched to one another.

yep, I agree 100%

I agree with your POV but when the final print encompasses elements that make the subject sexier/better, that couldve been incorporated into the sculpt also, it actually is a viable issue.
ie: Black Cat's lean to the side, White Queen's part in the center of her hair.
Even the sculptor of the Queen photoshop'd the part in the hair for his portfolio images.... :monkey1

another character i dont really care about...but i'll be getting one to complete my AH line.

Let's not get into the print thing again.

For Adam, it's a matter of a few pencil strokes to arrange and rearrange the drawing. In a sculpt, it's a whole another thing. For example, can you imagine the problems with weight distribution Black Cat would've had if she leaned to the side? Remember, she's balanced on a single point at the very bottom, on one leg; and she's much taller than MJ, who stands with both her legs on the base.

(I actually suspect MJ is quite empty-headed, to help with her balance. :monkey3 )

As it is, Black Cat is not going to be a paragon of stability anyhow. And as for Emma's parting -- yes, that was a good idea, but it came too late in the production process, when the statue was already being made. And it's not like Emma isn't gorgeous as she is now...

Good point on Black Cat and the lean. As it is, the piece has me a little uneasy -- BC is definitely the most fragile of the comiquettes.

Any inconsistencies between the print and the statue never really bother me though...just as long as it's apparent that the statue was created to mimic the print. I can only imagine how difficult it is to sculpt a statue to match a 2d image. I agree what Allison said -- these statues are definitely collaborative efforts that reflect the individual talents of each person involved in the production.

And I just wanted to point out that I love that AH used classic Rogue. I also think he has an affinity for the bad girls, between Emma as White Queen, Black Cat, and now Rogue in her villain attire (Even though she did use the costume after she turned good).

The thing about that photoshoppped Rogue pic that really sells it is the rosiness in the nose and cheeks. That's trademark AH! right there. And it's what was lacking in the previous three statues.

Back