S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still say they need to branch there lines out on db, dbz, gt...

Figures

I think thats a very strong possibility. We have a very high chance of seeing 6 releases this year. Including:
Normal Vegeta
SS Goku rerelease
Freeza
Krillin
Unannounced SDCC exclusive
#6 of 2013 is still up in the air. Tamashii stated that a figure scheduled for 2014 may be placed into the final quarter of 2013. It may be Krillin, but It could very well be a holiday release!

Tamashii has doubled their releases for this line since last year, if we do get one more for the holidays. This proving the line is not only alive and striving, but growing. I can see atleast 6 releases in 2014 provided that we see a larger proto group at SDCC.

With that said, a limit to 1 re-release per year should be put into place. Honestly, there shouldn't be anymore after SS Goku. But, I would 't mind a Ss Vegeta rerelease next year, because I would like to make a Trunks out of it. I feel that rereleases will only hurt sales. Giving the consumer the idea that they can pass on a figure, because in afew years it will be released again.

got vegetal scouter and goku today... not bad... not bad at all... lol

photo-1.jpg

I think thats a very strong possibility. We have a very high chance of seeing 6 releases this year. Including:
Normal Vegeta
SS Goku rerelease
Freeza
Krillin
#6 of 2013 is still up in the air. Tamashii stated that a figure scheduled for 2014 may be placed into the final quarter of 2013. It may be Krillin, but It could very well be a holiday release!

Tamashii has doubled their releases for this line since last year, if we do get one more for the holidays. This proving the line is not only alive and striving, but growing. I can see atleast 6 releases in 2014 provided that we see a larger proto group at SDCC.

With that said, a limit to 1 re-release per year should be put into place. Honestly, there shouldn't be anymore after SS Goku. But, I would 't mind a Ss Vegeta rerelease next year, because I would like to make a Trunks out of it. I feel that rereleases will only hurt sales. Giving the consumer the idea that they can pass on a figure, because in afew years it will be released again.

I'm betting if we get another Release besides the SDCC it will be Android 18...

Normal Vegeta
SS Goku rerelease
Freeza
Krillin

I'd rather they just release a sayian suit trunks.

Question is jayrod...How long do they work on one figure? I thought the figures were factory manufactured...I know shipping to other places take awhile but that's why they have a vast amount of shipping trucks.There's always them trying to figure out the blueprints too, in which we could help them if they need it.:banana

i hope they scale krillin right...

well, they probably wont seeing as Vegeta is too big, and cell and picollo should have been a bit bigger really...

im holding back on Frieza to see how big he is compared to the others.

Krillin better be no bigger than Super saiyan Gohan , but i will get the figure regardless!

shouldnt this give you a nice idea on how tall they are?

DBZ-dragon-ball-figuarts-krillin-frieza-18-500x375.jpg

Frieza deffinitely looks alot smaller than goku which is good

Last edited:
not exactly...

all the others are in the background, so cant get a real idea

only thing i can tell is that krillin is as high as 18's shoulder - but how tall is 18's figure compared to Goku's??

i mean really Krillin only comes up to Gokus waist, but thats too small for this line

like i said i hope hes no taller than SS gohan if not a bit shorter.

Umm, vegeta isnt too big, at least his super saiyan scale isnt; sure they reused that for the black hair version which is a tad too big but I can forgive them for that, its not as if its a noticeable mistake unless you are far too picky, sorry, it had to be said.

They are enough in scale to work with each other, thats all that matters, and we should be happy we are getting all these new figures so fast.

Umm, vegeta isnt too big, at least his super saiyan scale isnt; sure they reused that for the black hair version which is a tad too big but I can forgive them for that, its not as if its a noticeable mistake unless you are far too picky, sorry, it had to be said.

They are enough in scale to work with each other, thats all that matters, and we should be happy we are getting all these new figures so fast.

yeah im being picky. not to the point where i wont buy them, ut what does it take to look at agroup *** of the characters and decide their heights before making the figures??

the biggest worldwide manga franchise of the past 3 decades and its taken over 25 years for them to make DECENT figures, they could at least get the characters sizes right.

granted the scale does work- just .

what im saying is for example Krillin doesnt want to be the same size as Vegeta.

like Trunks should have been slightly bigger than Vegeta but its the other way around.

if they can make Nappa so big then they can make characters small for F##ks sake! :lol

I think it'll be hard to scale krillin. So no matter what I'll accept what they give me and will appreciate it. He's short but kinda thick. A stumpy little man.

From the looks of it, he will go up to Gokus shoulder. And that's okay with me!

Here is a mock up I used the stock images he will be about Gohan's size...

432154_10151602626079346_677342549_n.jpg

yeah im being picky. not to the point where i wont buy them, ut what does it take to look at agroup *** of the characters and decide their heights before making the figures??

the biggest worldwide manga franchise of the past 3 decades and its taken over 25 years for them to make DECENT figures, they could at least get the characters sizes right.

granted the scale does work- just .

what im saying is for example Krillin doesnt want to be the same size as Vegeta.

like Trunks should have been slightly bigger than Vegeta but its the other way around.

if they can make Nappa so big then they can make characters small for F##ks sake! :lol

Would you happen to be from the Dragonballtoys forum? I left that site because I was tired of hearing people complain and argue about these figures. As I've never really seen anyone argue on this forum, i thought it would be a great place to go, and it is. Arguing over a toys forum is silly, no? If you don't like something you dont have to buy it. And before you complain remember that this is the first figure line where all of the adult characters arent the exact same height, with the kid characters being only a tad shorter. You don't seem to like these figures very much, so I have to ask myself why youre on a figuarts dragonball forum, if not to annoy those who are actually interested in the line.
:horse

Now now krieges, we are all allowed our own opinion; I know Ayoof does enjoy these figures as hes been around quite a while, as have you, and i do see where he is coming from, although it may be a bit OTT lol.

Fact is that you are right, this is the first truly collector quality figures we have got for DBZ, but that very reason is why people feel the need to be picky about them.

Can i just remind everyone that we should feel grateful we even still have this line of figures again? They could have easily just finished the line at SS vegeta, but we loved the line so much that they kept it going; complaining and "tainting" that love for this line may make them backtrack on making them.

Believe it or not, Tamashii is infact working on scales when compared to the anime, the problem is that Toriyama didnt exactly like to KEEP that scale at all times, just look at the Goku staring at Trunks part, Trunks is TINY there, and that was translated into figure scale, but that same scale meant Vegeta, while in scale with Goku, was not inscale every other time we see him and Trunks together; same goes with Cell, and most likely all other figures that come after. No point in making concrete sizes for each character, as there is none.

At the scale we have, it would be impossible to get exact scales as you said yourself Ayoof, some like Gohan and Krillin would be too small. Best just enjoying what we get for their slight faults, as we may never have figures like this again!

Last edited:
Back