SANDTROOPER 12" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow he looks great :D
But I have a question for the people that own this guy... How is the Rifle packed? I've seen how the rifle looks, and I'm afraid that ,if I order one, and get the rifle out of the packing, I'll break it...
So to make my question shorter... Is it easy to remove the rifle? :D

Wow he looks great :D
But I have a question for the people that own this guy... How is the Rifle packed? I've seen how the rifle looks, and I'm afraid that ,if I order one, and get the rifle out of the packing, I'll break it...
So to make my question shorter... Is it easy to remove the rifle? :D

Yeah, very easy. Its just sitting in the tray....so, no issues

One thing to watch for. I think my scope on my rifle was broken at the factory and then re-glued. It's slightly crooked and there looks to be super glue remains on the scope. I've contected Sideshow about it and I'll see what they say...

The issue is the following: this is the first time, to my knowledge, that an exclusive item has been downgraded in production. Changes in paint apps and tailoring can be expected in a mass produced figure. But I have never seen the exclusive piece change to something less than advertised. We were presented with a very nice hand that has a visually unique sculpt (notice the forefinger and pinky) holding a washer. I was happy with this exclusive and that is why I ordered it from Sideshow. This hand was switched with a generic hand without any announcement of this change before my credit card was charged and the item shipped. I only found out about the change because I frequent this thread. How should I not feel duped?

282m2k2.jpg

How about stop whining and send it back.

So I got mine today, and I really like it, after having it in hand I feel stoked to have ordered the orange pauldron one, and will seriously consider a black pauldron which would give me more Sandies than regular Stormies.
One thing still bothers me though, and I'm wondering what some of you are doing about it... the shin armour that slides right down to his feet. I'm thinking of just wrapping the legs with some extra black material to make the armour tighter on the lower legs, what have the rest of you done/tried? or am I the only one who is bothered by this??

One thing to watch for. I think my scope on my rifle was broken at the factory and then re-glued. It's slightly crooked and there looks to be super glue remains on the scope. I've contected Sideshow about it and I'll see what they say...

The scope on mine is crooked too. Hopefully my Reg version won't be like that and I'll switch them out.

So I got mine today, and I really like it, after having it in hand I feel stoked to have ordered the orange pauldron one, and will seriously consider a black pauldron which would give me more Sandies than regular Stormies.
One thing still bothers me though, and I'm wondering what some of you are doing about it... the shin armour that slides right down to his feet. I'm thinking of just wrapping the legs with some extra black material to make the armour tighter on the lower legs, what have the rest of you done/tried? or am I the only one who is bothered by this??

Yeah, it does bother some. I found the upper leg armor to be more irksome but people have made all kinds of mods to reduce movement of these pieces. Tape wrapped around the leg under the jumpsuit, fabric wrapped around the leg etc. Not sure if there was any one solution that worked any better then the others.

that sucks man.. I still think this is a great looking piece... Hope you get a replacement from SS.

I like the new exclusive piece better than the old one. When I'm in a better position financially, I will probably make the effort to hunt one down instead of settling for a cheaper regular edition.

I got mine while I was at work.
I opened him when I got home and he seems to be OK.
I'll open him Wednesday to make sure everything is good.
:chew

I got my Sandtrooper today and over all I’ll give this trooper a B+. But here is how you can make it an A- figure. I extended the neck; I cut the trigger finger so that it will fit into the gun. I bent the chest armor in so that it would fit the body better. And I repainted the shoes, backpack, and a few areas on the figure. A lot of work by the way, but it looks great now, I think anyways. Tomorrow I’ll take some pics in my daughters sand pit.

S8000098-1.jpg

S8000100.jpg

S8000106.jpg

S8000107.jpg

S8000114.jpg

S8000115.jpg

S8000116.jpg

S8000109.jpg

S8000112.jpg

I got my Sandtrooper today and over all I’ll give this trooper a B+. But here is how you can make it an A- figure. I extended the neck; I cut the trigger finger so that it will fit into the gun. I bent the chest armor in so that it would fit the body better. And I repainted the shoes, backpack, and a few areas on the figure. A lot of work by the way, but it looks great now, I think anyways. Tomorrow I’ll take some pics in my daughters sand pit.

Looks awesome. How did you extend the neck and bend in the chest armor?

Sean

Looks awesome. How did you extend the neck and bend in the chest armor?

Sean

You just put the helmet higher on the ball neck, don't push it down too much not to reach the bottom. As for the armor you can use hairdryer (or hot water) to warm up the armor and make it tighter around the chest - to look like this:

5x940h.jpg

Back