Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found it difficult ever since the Hot Toys to get poses I like out of either figure. I finally settled on the anti-shark spray as I couldn't get any of the other accessories to work.

There's a really good series of photos and poses of the Saturn pair by Noah Botica on Mars' Facebook. They did one very simple but effective pose for Batman that was the same as I briefly tested myself, so I've returned him to that look:

View attachment 647569View attachment 647570

I'd like to get the HT cape to hang more vertically, but it sticks out to the side almost as much as the Saturn in Botica's photo.
Sorry if you've answered this up in the thread but is batman a mixture of hot toys and saturn? Particularly the face plate looks more hot toys

And also looking at that saturn robin dam. The tights are a better colour and he overall looks slightly better than the hot toys. Really regretting spending as much as i did to get these hot toys versions lol. Batman cost me over 550 AUD and robin cost me 600 AUD (he was brand new in shipper) yikes :(

Sorry if you've answered this up in the thread but is batman a mixture of hot toys and saturn? Particularly the face plate looks more hot toys

He has a Hot Toys face plate and cape.

Also has the lightly padded under suit from Sideshow's Luke X-Wing.

He has a Hot Toys face plate and cape.

Also has the lightly padded under suit from Sideshow's Luke X-Wing.
Ah ok i could tell. I still think the hot toys batman looks great as is, especially the likeness to adam west i still really see it. But man is the regret getting these for as much as i did hitting hard. Especially robin. He cost me more than batman 😭😭. Jokers looks great btw and the mods to batman look good too. Nice display!

Just opened mine. Batman has a couple of small pulls in the material just above the belt. Not sure if it's grounds for replacement, will add a pic soon.

I've seen a few reviews praising Batman's cape but I hate it with a passion. Nice material and colour sure, but can't stand how it flares out so much. Just want it drape nice and naturally. Sooner a custom is available the better.

Robin is just about perfect out of the box, minus the slightly short cape. Batman definitely needs more futzing and possibly some mods. Still very happy overall.

Just opened mine. Batman has a couple of small pulls in the material just above the belt. Not sure if it's grounds for replacement, will add a pic soon.

I've seen a few reviews praising Batman's cape but I hate it with a passion. Nice material and colour sure, but can't stand how it flares out so much. Just want it drape nice and naturally. Sooner a custom is available the better.

Robin is just about perfect out of the box, minus the slightly short cape. Batman definitely needs more futzing and possibly some mods. Still very happy overall.

I didn't like the cape either. It feels like two pieces of fabric fused together giving it more the consistency of thin card.

The HT isn't a lot better. Tony Mei's is much easier to work with, and has a natural fall to it. I don't know whether he's still in business.

I didn't like the cape either. It feels like two pieces of fabric fused together giving it more the consistency of thin card.

The HT isn't a lot better. Tony Mei's is much easier to work with, and has a natural fall to it. I don't know whether he's still in business.
Hopefully Jaxon, Unreal or anyone makes one soon. Not sure if OT has ever done Batman 66 stuff. I'd get a more accurate longer cape for Robin to but his isn't as difficult to futz with as Batman's.

Batman straight out of the box. Just standing straight up and down as Justin would say :lol

DSC_8223.JPG

My camera isn't reflecting the blue colours very accurately. Can see the little pulls in the material just above the belt. Doesn't really stand out unless you are up close. Material is bunching up on the left leg, assume that just be futzed out.

Having to use the gauntlets to try and contain the cape flare. Once he has a cape that drapes properly and get rid of that ugly clasp it will look 100 times better.

Does my emblem need moving up much from where it is?

Finally the stands would be so much nicer with the accurate Batman 60s logo and name decals to match Joker's.

Mine just arrived....
I LOVE THEM.
I seriously couldn't be happier with them, they are so vibrant, really well made and feel high quality - especially Batman's cape material and Robin's outfit.
I have a feeling I will play around with poses a bit but I had to start them off with Robin gripping his fist (I can practically hear the "Holy -------- Batman!") and Batman dancing the Batusi.
Considering I was at one point considering cancelling this order to save a little money, I am so glad I didn't do it - these are brilliant figures, fantastic representations of iconic portrayals and with the Romero Joker make for a vibrant dynamic interesting and fun display - these are the sort of figures that keep me in the hobby.
Absolutely chuffed to bits with them.
Can't wait for the other '66 villains!!!!
View attachment 647560
View attachment 647561
View attachment 647562
Mine arrived today also and I totally agree! They are phenomenal looking and in hand all the little nitpicks are exactly that. Unfortunately I broke the right wrist peg on Robin removing the fist it came with, and I was being really careful. Had to replace with a flesh tone peg but it’s not noticeable. I’m sharing pics later, but again, the quality is amazing and they are spectacular in hand.

Not inspired pictures but just my two cents at this point. I could actually leave Batman as-is without the futzing. I always liked how West’s outfit was makeshift on the show, with emblem sitting normally lower, a utility belt that’s just wooden blocks painted yellow, a mask with cape tied at the neck, etc. This figure translates that very well IMO. I also find the West sculpt looks better from lower angles so I display it high in the detolf. All in all, glad I kept these and they make for a striking display!
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0899.jpeg

My order has officially shipped. Might be a couple weeks to have in hand, but the pics that have been posted definitely have me excited.

Can I ask where I can get this in the UK?. New to 1/6 relatively, but have no idea where I can nab this

Only glaring problem is Batman shorts.

The colors are better on Robin, face paints, but sculpts are slightly inferior due to it being recasted.

But considering the prices of the originals, this is a BIG WIN!!!!

Not inspired pictures but just my two cents at this point. I could actually leave Batman as-is without the futzing. I always liked how West’s outfit was makeshift on the show, with emblem sitting normally lower, a utility belt that’s just wooden blocks painted yellow, a mask with cape tied at the neck, etc. This figure translates that very well IMO. I also find the West sculpt looks better from lower angles so I display it high in the detolf. All in all, glad I kept these and they make for a striking display!View attachment 647743View attachment 647744
ONe of the sadder things about modern hero movies is it lost some of the fantasy flair.

Seeing those bright color costumes, makes me wish hero movies would be more colorful.

I rewatched the Val Kilmer Batman, and I found Val the best Batman out of all of them. Blasphame! I know.

But that cinemotography and their portrayl of Gotham was beautiful and very gothic-esque. It was very bright and the acting was over the top.

But this reminded me of it, and what I think hero movies are really missing....distinguish them from regular action movies, because eventually the audience will view them as generic action movies.

Back