Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooooo, yesterday was the 7 year anniversary of this thread (or at least the day it got transferred from the old host) AND we hit 20,000 replies.
I don't think thats too shabby for a small close knit band of simian collecting fanatics. :monkey3

Congrats...pretty tenacious band of apes that will never let this thread die, eh?

Anyway...I've got minor painting to do...so I can start on my apes again. Perhaps I can sell one of my masks...not really sure. I have so many ape projects...they all take time and I want them to be perfect. I found a Julius headsculpt floating around...I will try to hair him up and see how that will look.

Getting excited about Halloween...I will probably put on my Uhura gear again...I still fit in that skimpy outfit thank God...

Who is moving across the country Ironman???'

Michael--I love the photo of the 3 chimps together sitting and passing the time...

Last edited:
I have been working on hairing up gorilla hands. I still need to do another layer though! I used puffy paint for the raised hair areas and then painted black. I then used a white wash with black to make the desired grayish skin. Here also is a cool project that Matt Sotis was doing when making a gorilla tunic out of latex. Looks like the real thing, but it would tear and dry up in certain areas, so I had to line the entire jacket with real black leather and filled in three small areas with puffy paint and then painted black. Pretty cool tunic though!

Stickman is.

I tried to email him on his regular email and it was returned as a mailor daemon. I also noticed some months back that he sold a big lot of apes from his collection. Does anyone know if Stickman is doing well and if he is still into apes? Thanks!:dunno

Does anyone here have a loose zaius figure clothes and shoes that are in at least excellent to near mint condition for sale? Figure itself is optional, Thanks!

I tried to email him on his regular email and it was returned as a mailor daemon. I also noticed some months back that he sold a big lot of apes from his collection. Does anyone know if Stickman is doing well and if he is still into apes? Thanks!:dunno

I contacted him using the same email I always have wit no problem last week.
As I stated, he's moving across the country and will be back amongst us once he settles in. Seems to still be very much into POTA.

I always wanted to post this hut/tree house since I bought it around 10 years ago. Cost me alot, but here it is. I was so much into the pacific theater, that I collected a lot of Japanese and Marines from WWII. I immediately realized that this hut could double as a Caesar/apes hut from Battle of the Planet of the Apes. I just need an apes flag and some windows. Enjoy the pictures!

I contacted him using the same email I always have wit no problem last week.
As I stated, he's moving across the country and will be back amongst us once he settles in. Seems to still be very much into POTA.

Cool, thanks IM!:wave

I just love it, but I can't imagine how much that it would cost to ship through UPS, FEDEX, OR DHL!:dunno

Just joined the community and glad to see this immense thread! I have a Mego Dr. Zaius and think I might pick up a Sideshow Taylor... What are peoples opinions on these as I might be able to pick one up new in box for $45.

Back