Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, skooter!

Nice to see a fellow New Yorker ape fan here. After all this is where it all ended, right near the Statue of Liberty.

Just joined the community and glad to see this immense thread! I have a Mego Dr. Zaius and think I might pick up a Sideshow Taylor... What are peoples opinions on these as I might be able to pick one up new in box for $45.

I like Megos, but, to me, megos are toys with less attention to detail than most, if not all, 1:6 figures. A sideshow Taylor for $45 is not bad, but you may do better if you look around. If you are not going to keep it boxed, then getting a less expensive loose, complete one may be a better option.
It will look odd next to the Mego though. :monkey3

I like Megos, but, to me, megos are toys with less attention to detail than most, if not all, 1:6 figures. A sideshow Taylor for $45 is not bad, but you may do better if you look around. If you are not going to keep it boxed, then getting a less expensive loose, complete one may be a better option.
It will look odd next to the Mego though. :monkey3

I will definitely take it out of the box so I will look for one a little cheaper. And as for sitting next to the Mego it will join it in my sort of 'grab bag' section with my 2001 Monolith, Mr. Bill and Grim Fandango figure.

Hiya Scooter! Remember me from the FOTA?

Did you get your costume from Apemania? How much did that run? Please PM me. I have a possible orangutan buddy willing to delve into the costuming.

a Work in Progress:

I am not sure if I am 100% happy with my grey haired general gorilla results. Its difficult to make it look natural instead of like a skunk ape.

539264_373681486038416_1069126917_n.jpg

Hmmmm, I like the idea of an aged, weathered war gorilla general. How did you "grey" the hair that you did so far?
Hey, If it doesn't work you can always make Professor Bobo from MST3K.

Hiya Scooter! Remember me from the FOTA?

Did you get your costume from Apemania? How much did that run? Please PM me. I have a possible orangutan buddy willing to delve into the costuming.

I think you probably have me confused with another Scooter (with a c :) )... sorry!

a Work in Progress:

I am not sure if I am 100% happy with my grey haired general gorilla results. Its difficult to make it look natural instead of like a skunk ape.

539264_373681486038416_1069126917_n.jpg

Looking great! I don't think it looks to skunky, but maybe add a little more black/brown mixture to get away from the contrasts.

Hmmmm, I like the idea of an aged, weathered war gorilla general. How did you "grey" the hair that you did so far?
Hey, If it doesn't work you can always make Professor Bobo from MST3K.

:)

I mixed in "Ivory fox" fur with Mongolian black fur.

Looking great! I don't think it looks to skunky, but maybe add a little more black/brown mixture to get away from the contrasts.

thanks for the idea. I'll try a thin paint wash.

Jess, the Scooter you're thinking of is from Pennsylvania. He also happens to be a friend of mine(guess who told him about FOTA?).At present I believe he's on an extended trip abroad with his family...PS

Jess, the Scooter you're thinking of is from Pennsylvania. He also happens to be a friend of mine(guess who told him about FOTA?).At present I believe he's on an extended trip abroad with his family...PS

Not to say I don't want to be involved! :monkey1

I can just picture a maury Povich figure standing there saying, Cornelius, you are the father!:slap

Back