Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe. He needs a little fixing though. I'm going to sculpt Landon, too. I must. When I find time. I could try.

Last edited:
Love those apes!!!
900519f51d1c181a24a3c07f553c5855.jpg
Awesome Apes. Have you more photos?
Could this guy pass for Landon?:dunno

I suppose he could, but it would be a likeness akin to Marvel movie adaptation likeness of Taylor to Heston. More character than actor.

Went to NYCC yesterday. Not a lot of POTA items in 1:6 (that weren't terribly overpriced) but I did find a few artists that were able to help me out:
Scott Campbell
DSC00391.jpg

Ben Harvey
DSC00393.jpg

Guy Dorian
DSC00394.jpg

Ian Dorian
DSC00395.jpg

My apologies for the yellowish tint, don't know why that happened. The actual pieces are nice and white.

Awesome artwork, Ironman.

I'm going to cut off Law Givers beard and try it again, and sculpt a bit over the hair on the top of the head. I'll get this right!

I got a deal on a Cornelius, Zaius and Ursus Hasbro lot....time to do some clothing customizing for my sculpts. I really think the Hasbro Zaius clothes have potential with a proper dye job.

Thanks! I am VERY happy with them.

I was on the lookout for 1:6 items, especially POTA, What I found was overpriced and vendors weren't much in th ebudging mood. I guess it was better for them to pack up and take home to try again elsewhere.

Yea...ape prices are ridiculous at those conventions. Was there anybody in full ape gear, IM? Just imagine how spectacular that would have been if it were you.

To aid my incompetence to sculpt hair, I'm going to try using the thread of a bolt. I foresee this working.

Yea...ape prices are ridiculous at those conventions. Was there anybody in full ape gear, IM? Just imagine how spectacular that would have been if it were you.

The prices are ridiculous everywhere. I had thought they'd rather sell then keep packing and unpacking.
No, no apes. A plethora of Dr Whos (including my youngest son as the 10th Doctor), lots of superheroes, zombies, etc....
I would have been in 7th heaven if I could have aped it up. Alas, my last hope was the over the head mask that we saw on facebook, that wound up being someone else's second.

Thanks! I am VERY happy with them.

I was on the lookout for 1:6 items, especially POTA, What I found was overpriced and vendors weren't much in th ebudging mood. I guess it was better for them to pack up and take home to try again elsewhere.

I couldnt get in because it was sold out. Was anybody selling the Hot Toys figures? I got the soldier (my first hot toys figure) over the summer for around $200.

The prices are ridiculous everywhere. I had thought they'd rather sell then keep packing and unpacking.
No, no apes. A plethora of Dr Whos (including my youngest son as the 10th Doctor), lots of superheroes, zombies, etc....
I would have been in 7th heaven if I could have aped it up. Alas, my last hope was the over the head mask that we saw on facebook, that wound up being someone else's second.

If you want a good ape mask, look up "ape-mania.com". they sell awesome ape masks.

I couldnt get in because it was sold out. Was anybody selling the Hot Toys figures? I got the soldier (my first hot toys figure) over the summer for around $200.
Wish I had known. I wound up with an extra.
No, no Hot Toys. I propably wouldn't have been able to resisit him.
If you want a good ape mask, look up "ape-mania.com". they sell awesome ape masks.

I want good, but I want to keep both my arms and legs (and internal organs)

Isn't Ada located in China? With all the cyber attacks from there, I would probably advise against it. The U.S. has firewalls up coming from that country!

Back